Custom urethane parts manufacturing of your ideas

I think the plugged bushings help get rid of the slop in cast trucks to make them more precision like.

1 Like

@Alphamail, was there any news on these risers with the wire channels?

3 Likes

Yes, there will be news soon

8 Likes

This is exciting!!!

SK8 Tunnel Riser

OK, here is where we are at and sorry for the delay but we have been burned on a couple of skate and nonskate related projects lately where we spent the $ for tooling and prototyping only to have the customer bail and go to China because they saved a few pennies. Needless to say we are a little shy to do it again so here is what I propose. If you want some of the Tunnel Riser, you will need to put your $ into an escrow account with us at RipTide. Once the countdown starts, you will have two weeks to commit and if we have enough orders for the costs to make molds we will commit and fulfill the orders. If we do not, we will return your $. If these become a product, they will retail at $20.00 each, for you guys here, this offer is for $15.00 each so pony up and let’s see if we can make this a reality. If the presale is successful expect finished units at your doors 2 to 4 weeks after the close. All you need to go is go to our website and purchase a gift certificate for $15.00 x the # you want. We will deal with shipping charges and tax at completion if we go forward. We have not been happy with the 3d print versions we have seen and been quoted so we will likely have them machined out of aluminum.

Please let me know if you are OK with doing it this way.

5 Likes

How many orders do you need to give the project a green light?

1 Like

The break even point will be around 40 risers

1 Like

That sounds do-able. Would either you mind (or I could) create a Separate topic for these for the sake of awareness and organization.

Also are these wire channels in the sense that you wire your motor wires through them like this:

or plug in with extending wires like this:

5 Likes

Is that for a riser or a pair of risers?

1 Like

Danm That sucks man, it would be karma his product craps out due to bad QC ad his IP gets stolen

1 Like

The price is per riser

1 Like

We are a strong believer in you reap what you sow…

1 Like

@Jc06505n, please explain further, here is fine

Just need a general understanding of how these risers work routing wise, visually im not understanding, but i’m dumb

1 Like

I’m confused – will these risers be aluminum or polyurethane?

1 Like

Me too but don’t let that slow you down, the tunnel reiser is merely a riser that goes between the truck and deck with room to route wires underneath, and from the picture you posted, you have something very similar.

The mold plugs will be aluminum to make the mold cavities to make the parts out of urethane…

1 Like

It has room to route wires to 2 motors and one light/powerswitch/batt_gauge. You may or may not use all of those. You could just wire one motor with it.

1 Like

Ah i see thanks man

1 Like

AH, hence the “Tunnel”

2 Likes