Custom urethane parts manufacturing of your ideas

OK, with all of your help, we have successfully made a new product that will be going on our website this week, the “Tunnel Riser”! Thank you all for your help and encouragement That being said, we are now in a position to find what is next. Please submit your ideas here so we can gage the consensus of group necessity.

4 Likes

We have made wheels but the urethanes we use make the wheels prohibitively expensive since they require about 1 kg of the very expensive urethane that we use plus we hand batch and pour everything we make. Until we figure something else out (which we are working on) wheels are a great way to lose $ and urethane has a lot of shortcomings and is barely suitable for eSk8 applications when you get down to it.

1 Like

Two words: Rocket Skates

But in all seriousness , What benefits does Urethane have exactly? Knowing its properties from someone with experience in the field could conjure some ideas.

Edit: in original topic, I am dumb

1 Like

If you look at the thread starter, I gave the rundown on what urethane is good for.

fair enough and yea, i am burning through my 100mm wheels fairly easily… but i was just curious since Hummie has new hubs coming out and i want 100mm wheels possibly 150mm but i will keep an eye out for when y’all come up with a wheel solution

1 Like

Ouff, dumb moment for me. I’ll need to reread this thread for any ideas that’s already been proposed.

But can PU work as cases like for remote casing for say the Firefly remote?

2 Likes
  1. Angled risers. Or angled risers with wire channels. 5deg and then maybe a 2.5deg that could be stacked. Many users here use angled risers for a non symmetrical setup or just for tuning. I would have jumped on the last one if they there was an angled version.

2. Riser with integrated area to add LEDs for brake lights head lights or decoration.

3. XT90s screw down plug holder. Extra points if LEDs can be added by the user. Like these image

4. GT2B remote case. This would be indestructible! No one will agree on a design though so maybe this is just a dream. If you need a 3D CAD guy I could do that.

6 Likes

Brad, do you think you could design some 35° angled risers for mounting mountain board trucks onto skate decks? Similar to the Unik risers by @okp?

risermatrixsolo

4 Likes

If it already exists, we prefer not to pursue. If we can bring something functionally new to the party, we are more interested.

4 Likes

They might not be new, but they are in limited batches and pretty cost prohibitive.

2 Likes

We have designed several similar designs but we were going to make them out of Aluminum. I am curious, why 35 degrees, seems like 45 or 50 may be more useful for angling a MB clevis pivot truck

I think it is compatible with the inherent kicks on the ends of Trampa mountain board decks in particular, but not my fortay.

1 Like

Hey I’m looking into making this exact piece for way way cheaper. Can you tell me the difference you’re looking for in channel truck vs regular truck? I like mountainboard trucks and flat longboard decks so when I saw Kuges selling a 35 degree wedge for $200 I audibly laughed. I have a guy who machines aluminum for me and I’m reaching out to get quotes.

4 Likes

Tell us more about your guy!

@venom121212

I like … flat longboard decks

Same here.

1 Like

You need an enclosure for that? I have one that is destined for a completely flat board. It wouldn’t fit my hummie :cry:

4 Likes

One of my most difficult hurdles with this deck. The enclosure needs to conform around this recessed underbelly and I wont drill holes on the 1 kg super light 44" carbon deck. So, double challenge. I think I got a good idea on the last week a with be a conventional one. Still is going to be a conformal enclosure 100% covered all over.

IMG_20171112_154527

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, could you show me a pic of your enclosure? (Thanks for the offering by the way)

1 Like

Just in case, here’s the specs

https://psychotiller.com/products/lorimer-burst

20190206_140449 20190114_125251

1 Like

Is a @psychotiller? Looks similar to the Evo enclosure I got from him for mi Pintail.

1 Like