Custom made CNC motor mounts available for sale

No alterations done let me just check I’m guessing it’s the actual mount arm that’s at fualt not the clamp.

So I just stripped it all down and just installed the mounts on the other truck just to rule out that there slightly off,same problem but it’s quite hard to tell weather it’s the clamp or the arm!

If clamp is loose it might be necessary to use shim (cut up soda can) to properly line up clamp with the axle.

Clamps are very snug no room for movement they fit very well just offline.

If the axle is not flat where the clamp is torque down you would have to use shim to compensate.

Do you see any play rocking from side to side?

Just checking now,no play,definitely not enough to throw the mount off by that much,I think it’s just a manufacturing error.

No problem, I will send out a replacement. Without mounting the arm when you torque down the clamps on both side, are they still line up? I want to send out the proper part clamp or arm.

In the photo the clamps are lined up perfectly but one arm is off to one side,I’m guessing that means the arm is at fualt.

Ok, I will send out two arms to make sure you get the exact spec. Can you please also take a picture of the arm by itself. I want to see the slot pattern on that arm.
Thanks.

Ok been trying to figure this out and it’s got me scratching my head! The mounts look slightly off but not much and it’s hard to tell in the photo,you can just make it out on some of the slots! I wanted to double check the clamps again and they align fine on the trucks,but if I take them off and line them up and look through the holes that the arms attach to they are slightly off as well.

The top picture is of them stacked on top of each other.

1 Like

From your explanation it appears that the clamp is probably the culprit. Independently each set functions as it should be but aesthetically as a pair one is install slightly higher than the other. I am pretty sure is the opening of the clamp that is off by a touch. They might have milled from a different batch. I am going to mill the next batch of clamps in couple days. Will send out 2 replacement clamps instead of the arms. Sorry for the inconvenience. Marc

Give me a minute, just had an idea to rule out that it’s the clamp… Ok so this is the clamps with the long m4 hardware through both as it’s really hard to tell trying to line them up by hand and sight… @marcmt88 thoughts they look to be perfectly lined up to me!

2 Likes

When you stack the clamps on top of each other do you feel the holes are lined up?

That photo is them stacked and m4 through both,got to be the arms right?

Did you feel any difference when you run your finger thru the holes?

Just done that now,they are very symmetrical no deviation when running my finger through the middle.

Ok, I really appreciated you are going thru all these trouble shooting. I am going to send out 2 complete sets without the idlers or bearings. I am going to make sure to test them out on my TB 218mm before they get to you.

1 Like

You can keep the 2 mounts. Like I mentioned earlier independently they both are functional as they should but independently just not aesthetically pleasing when install together.

2 Likes

wow dude you get a 40/10 customer service rating. that was the most impressive help session i’ve ever seen. you da man :open_mouth:

11 Likes