Custom enclosures for sale! Design your own

Also try @JLabs thread selling 10s3p and 10a4p batteries.

Sorry? I didnā€™t see any from you boss. I was on vacation for the last week and tried to respond to everyone

Welcome back lol

Iā€™ve been back for like 4 days now my bad @Eboosted

IM replied, hope to work together in the project

Here is the 10S4P enclosure ready to be 3D printed, Iā€™m wondering if there would be enough space for the BMS, antipaskt switch and display

3 Likes

Did you find out the size of the BMS you want? What kind of anti-spark switch are you using? Looks good by the way!

Iā€™m wating on a reply from @barajabali, hope he gets back to me today.

Do you know what kind of BMS does he uses? the antispark switch he uses should be this one:

1 Like

Well up front you have:

Super rough idea of the sort of space you have for the switch and BMS etc, until you know what size the BMS is you canā€™t really plan exactly where the rest will go.

1 Like

I need to include this display:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172143986261?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Iā€™m still waiting a reply on barajabali but digging on his thread I found some pictures of his battery builds, Iā€™m not sure if you can tell whatā€™s the BMS he uses on this picture:

Here is a quote from one of his posts:

barajabali Oct 5 Go for a single drive 6375 190kv

The 10s4p pack is 20 mm thick on the thin parts and around 30mm thick on the part where the bms is.

The pack costs 455 shipped it includes the on off switch LCD battery display bms and laptop style charger

This week I have a 20 dollar off sale so 435 shipped in the us

So I assume the BMS he uses has 10mm height, canā€™t confirm though

1 Like

Looks the same as one I have, I can measure it and have a look. I have that display also, its pretty small so shouldnā€™t be a problem.

If its the same one as mine its about 130mm x 55mm (pretty big) so you could wrap the pack something like this to keep it compact and stick the switch and display around/ above.

@Jackw are you sure the sizes are ok?, the STL file I got has like 30mt lenght =O. Let me know

@barajabali uses battery supportā€™s bmsā€™s

30 meters? :smile: Itā€™s 305mm on my end! Having a small compact enclosure like this means you have to do a bit of guesswork, maybe itā€™ll print a few mm bigger or smaller, maybe you can find a smaller BMS to supply to @barajabali so you have more room to play with.

All I can say is that on my 3D mock up it looks like it will all fit. In real life though you can never be too sure! Iā€™d say just print it and do a test fit when youā€™ve got everything, then you can adjust here and there and have it printed again, but Iā€™ve no idea what it costs to have it printed and Iā€™m not the one paying for it :smile:

@jackw, that last cell array is really clever, vissually symmetric and appealing.

It seems to have enough space for the BMS, switch and display. BTW did you modify the last STL or itā€™s the sameone?

Itā€™s the same one. I agree, better than the random 3 cells on top like before :wink:

Jack here are the meassures for the parts:

8 row cells:

7 row cells:

Height of cells:

BMS

Switch

The battery pack itā€™s being done by @barajabali with BMS, charging port, battery percentage display, vedder switch and fuse box. He should have the pack ready next week.

Can we include the BMS on your render and adjust/optimize the size of the enclosure?

2 Likes

Looks good man, Iā€™ll double check the measurements on my end, but your new renders look great!

Man I love these drawings. I would love some files if possible. My 3D printer would like to try printing these :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like