Custom enclosures for sale! Design your own

I know that people have suggested 3D printing a design and then making a plaster cast of the print; that way the mold isn’t susceptible to the heat of vacuum forming. Bit of a faff mind you.

The easiest, quickest way to reinforce the 3d enclosures is adding Carbon Fiber or Glass Fiber layers inside with resin.

www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/loaded-dervish-flex-1-caliber-2-trucks-sk3-6364-213kv-motor-diy-electric-motor-mount-ollin-vesc-10s4p-lg-hg2-battery-mastercho-carbon-fiber-enclosure/7453/9

It was 3d printed and reinforced with one CF layer on the inside, I made three of them for a friend of mine, none has been broken yet.

5 Likes

@Dunkirk Yeah it’s rather large, maybe I’m underestimating how much flex it would be under.

I might re-design it as a 12S3P enclosure which would be considerably shorter. Could probably fit that in the same length enclosure as the Boosted Board uses. Probably be more viable.

@MasterCho Thats pretty nifty, I guess you can sand/fill the print to get rid of the print lines and get a nice finish?

Yes, it can be sanded but isn’t fun. Apply thick primer then sanding, it will be much easier.

3 Likes

Ok, had a re-jig. Now holds a 12S3P with plenty of space in front for BMS etc. It’s now the same size, if not slightly smaller than the Boosted. Meaning it should be fine for the flex, no?

I want to round over the top edges in places but Sketchup is a pain in the proverbial.

5 Likes

That is amazing! Shut up and take my money!!

2 Likes

Do you have 3D files for this!?

Yeah dude of course. I’ll finalise the internals and make an STL file for anyone who wants it.

1 Like

@jackw Could you make your enclouse a bit bigger for my 10s4p? I already soldered them together in this shape but i failed to maka a enclouse with kydex… Its also about 0,5cm bigger in every direction from cables and insulating tape.

Open it to see all

1 Like

@Monte that battery array is awesome. I hope someone is able to make an stl file for it. I have an affordable 3dhub around my house that could print it. I’d love to learn how to design so I could do my own printing

1 Like

Hey sorry busy weekend! I’ll have a tinker and try fit your battery layout in.

1 Like

This is what I’m thinking, unfortuntelly as you can see I don’t have @jackw skillls, I’d like to design a 10S4P array with space for BMS, fuse and switch.

Would it be possible?

3 Likes

Hey, this should fit your battery layout, it’s slightly longer and wider than a real boosted but still looks ok in my opinion! I haven’t printed any of these myself (Nor have I modelled something for 3D printing before) but you guys are welcome to try it out.

Right now they are a shell without any thickness, so I can send you it how it is if you want, and you’ll have to get back to me on what to change/implement. In the mean time I am working on the “insides” to give it actual thickness. (Like I said I don’t known if you can throw the “shell” at a 3D printer and have it control thickness)?

I’ve rounded some more stuff out and given it a bit more shape overall too.

@Eboosted This should fit a 10S4P like you need, but with a slightly different battery layout to yours.

5 Likes

This looks amazing, would love to see how these print out. Keep up the posts…

Jack that looks amazing, would you please send me the STL file? I’ll talk to the 3D printer shop and ask them if they can do the thickness on their software in an easy way.

Did you consider the Vanguard concavity on the design of the enclosure?

Yeah, if you look from the sides you can see.

PM me your email address and ill send you it.

That’s really neat

Looks rly good! Thank you :slight_smile: I will wait untill you finish the Inside and then i print it fro 3d Hubs.

Does anyone know a good battery builder to build me my 10S4P? I tried barajabali but he’s not responding my IMs

Strange. Ping bump @barajabali