Custom built battery packs in Australia 10s4p 30Q Evolve upgrade or DIY

It would be cheaper for you to just buy straight in the US, cheaper and faster shipping

1 Like

Ahh ok. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Maybe a silly question, but what is the 3rd connector (the small red connector with a small AWG black and red wire) Whats its purpose? how is it wired in?

the little red plug? that would be the charge plug. red wire goes to the same spot as the main red wire and the black on the bms

1 Like

Oh! Ofcourse! So is the BMS wired for charge only? Is that why the red goes to the battery and the black to BMS? Or is it a different kind of BMS than i’m used to (like a BMS that takes in both Charge leads)

Thanks!

its for discharge as well. you’ll notice in the last pic there are three black wires for the bms. fairly normal as far as i know.

on charge only packs, both power leads go straight to the plug and i add a second negative wire, same as the little red one, for the bms.

1 Like

Do you ship to Romania? Thank you

1 Like

You would be better off buying from eskating.eu as it’s cheaper and faster for you. Australia is a long way and the currency conversion is shit

2 Likes

Thank you very much ! I’ll contact them.

1 Like

Hey @TinnieSinker I live in Bris and looking for a 10s5p LG HG2 pack to be built for my CGT. What’s my chances? I also have a mate with a Bamboo that suffers from horrible sag and he might be keen on a build too if that has any additional appeal to you… Marsen sent me to you as you’re more local.

Hey man, I’ll start building again in the coming months but at this stage I won’t be taking orders until January.

I don’t have any HG2’s in stock either, looks like @Marsen is your best bet :+1:

3 Likes

No worries mate, is there much involved in installing a 10s5p myself? I figured if I had any trouble there you would be a better choice as you’re local, but if it’s a simple job maybe I can get him to send the pack to me.

If you’re ok with soldering large wires, it’s not too hard. Though getting a 5p in there is a really tight squeeze

@Pokwer how are you going with that riser? Can I recommend it to people yet? :grimacing:

Potentially interested. Can you pm me?

1 Like

Looks the shiz. Can you PM me please @TinnieSinker ?

1 Like

Unfortunately he isn’t taking orders until January

1 Like

Very interested in purchasing a battery upgrade for my BGT, sick of voltage sag and not being able to use my AT wheels because of it. Wish I found this thread earlier as k am local to Brisbane. Can I order 1 10s4p, and just to be clear this will fit in the BGT?

1 Like

Just letting you know that he won’t be taking any orders until the holiday season is well and truly over. Could be quite a bit into next year

1 Like

You can contact @Marsen but he’s in Perth, not sure if thats convenient for you

Edit:I hope its marsen, too many beers on a friday night is confusing me

3 Likes

I had TinnieSinker make me a new battery and just wanted to let everyone know that it arrived in good condition, the wiring was great and works fine with my Evolve Bamboo GT. Now I just need to get a spacer or something to fit it and the BMS into the standard enclosure.

Thanks Tinnie

4 Likes