Custom built battery packs in Australia 10s4p 30Q Evolve upgrade or DIY

nice work man! looks clean af

1 Like

@Wizzee @ajplant96 @AlexBE

Hey guys, i’ll only be doing a couple more this year as my main work has picked up already. If you’re keen send a PM with your board type/battery size and your phone number, or any way of contacting you outside of here(people keep disappearing months later when the battery is done)

Not familiar with the older carbon boards. it should be possible but lets have a look inside sometime.

I probably wont have time to do any installations this year.

Some recent builds. I’ve started putting the balance wires in the middle with this neat ribbon cable. makes for a much cleaner build and its flat on the top and bottom IMG_20180904_222917IMG_20180904_222910IMG_20180903_161546

3 Likes

Can’t believe people are mucking you around when the asking price is so fair, if any of the packs are 10S4P or 5P without a bms let me know. I’ll definitely take another @ $440 or $490 respectively. :+1:

all g. i know not everyone checks this forum as often as you and I :smile: i’ll give it another week and then they’ll go to next in line for this size.

Haha true… No worries, if you have 40 cells spare at the end I’ll still take one before you retire :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

haha dont worry, i’ll come out of retirement every winter :laughing:

Hey mate I’m interested in getting a battery upgrade performed I would like to get the best one how can we sort this out finding it hard to communicate with you do you have email or Facebook?

I’m not disappearing :confused:

good! because you’re up next :smiley:

1 Like

Hi TS :wave:t2:

Im new to the forum, I joined when I saw this post!

I’m looking at getting the biggest pack possible to fit in my evolve carbon GT, have you come to the end of this years run or do you have the capacity (battery pun intended) to build another?

PS I’m based in Sydney so would need to know if it could be couriered also.

Thanks mate, love your work!

Hey Dave, 10s5p is possible. Just ordered more cells with enough spare for 1-2 packs I think. Hard to say when I’ll have the time, there’s always gaps in the traffic though

Postage is $30

1 Like

Received my 12s5p custom battery from @TinnieSinker yesterday. Gotta say that the buying experience here has been great. Battery is overall high quality, Jai was always happy to answer any queries that I had and work around my needs. Would recommend to anyone. Haven’t had a chance to fully test it yet but it is definitely in fully working order. Thanks heaps mate!

3 Likes

Hmm sounds like @MaxMalouf wanted a pack made out of cells which TS didn’t have which was why he paid for them up front which is reasonable considering @TinnieSinker doesn’t want to be stuck with them and have the financial liability.

@MaxMalouf, you should have handled this privately via messages and not just come out in his thread saying this. Jai’s very honest and he’s charging a very fair price considering what others are asking for. It sounds like the issue here is that you wanted different cells, no one else has had to put money up front for their 30Q packs.

Please do us all a favour and delete your post…

3 Likes

Dam @TinnieSinker I didn’t mean to do any of this, I was trying to get a hold of you and I was just really paranoid, I am deeply sorry. This has happened to me before man it truly sucks. I will delete immediately.

I apologise and regret not waiting longer. I hope you forgive me and we can move past this, Max.

61d_z

2 Likes

to be fair i can see how it looked suspicious. particularly when i was replying to people on monday but completely forgot about @MaxMalouf. I might just point out that it is really hard to keep track of people when every PM thread is titled Battery upgrade haha

moving on. here’s where im up to with The List.

@baxter in progress

Next up @mars @m303625 @Andr3s

next batch @MaxMalouf @Aero @sdjones @jdnicholson

back in July everything was all hunky dory but since then life has been throwing lemons in my general direction, with another big one hitting me right in the feels 2 days ago. After i sort some shit out, like where i’m going to be living next month, I want to get stuck into another project and my day job will be in full swing.

So I think it would be better if i say now that i won’t be building much after these ones, than say i can and not deliver.

those that are just missing out, You’ll be the first to know when i build again!

or… i could add $200 to the price tag and it would compete with my day job :wink:

7 Likes

I know everybody craves build pics! made some good progress the last few weeks, used up all the cells i had on hand IMG_20181005_164612

IMG_20181005_132854 IMG_20181003_154526 IMG_20181003_154543 IMG_20181003_154605 IMG_20181003_154636 IMG_20181003_154740 IMG_20181003_155214 IMG_20181003_154841 IMG_20181003_155823 IMG_20181003_161408 IMG_20181003_164015

9 Likes

Wow very tidy indeed, even going as far as to kapton taping the adjoining nickel strips attaching each parallel pair so the balance leads which run in between them could never short.

It’s this attention to detail which ensures these sorts of packs don’t go up in flames like some have for others. Well done @TinnieSinker. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

One of those has got my name on it…lol

1 Like

Hey which extra packs do you have? 10s4p or 5p? If you still have an extra pack I would be interested in it! Would you be able to ship to the us?

1 Like