Custom built battery packs in Australia 10s4p 30Q Evolve upgrade or DIY

Thanks for clarifying mate, hmm from that video the motor controller doesn’t need to be relocated for 10s5p. Hate to muck you around but since my smaller 4p will be ready in 2’ish weeks and the other packs can be made a week after that is there anyway I could change to a 10s5p and get mine done in the second batch instead?

I don’t want to have any regrets that I didn’t get the extra 1p over those 10 in series when I had the chance!

oh so that’s a 5p in a vid. so a 4p should be a direct swap in.

I won’t talk you into 4p if 5 will fit! leave it with me, i think i can work that in without anyone waiting longer than they would of otherwise.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a 5P in the video, like you said a 4P would just fit without any worries at all. Thanks for being so good about this, sorry again for the muck around in changing my mind like this. Really appreciate it. :+1:

1 Like

I was in a similar situation and asked @TinnieSinker to switch up from 10s6p to a 12s5p and its so great that he was cool about it. Definitely open to having more packs from him in the future after my purchase. Thanks @TinnieSinker! :smile:

4 Likes

Could you let me know how much a 10S5P will end up costing? Also, for any new customers it’s probably worthwhile editing your first post and listing the different prices for different combinations based on what people requested/ordered. This way it saves them having to read the whole thread and trying to find someone else who ordered the same combination they’re after.

1 Like

I’m ready for a battery upgrade @TinnieSinker. How do I place and order? Can I message you on Instagram or facebook or something?

@TinnieSinker I’m working on a board design atm, What’s your current timeframe for a 12s5P build?

Also is shipping it to WA a problem?

Holy moly didn’t realise a 10s5p would fit! Tinnie, can I upgrade the order? The biggest thing I need from this upgrade is range… so a 10s5p would be ideal. Do you have enough to bump me to a 10s5p? :slight_smile:

@Yanzo PM incoming. I’ll put you on ‘the list’ when I get home

@Lemming late August at this stage. I haven’t tried to ship any yet but I’m thinking if I call it a Powerbank and ship it via road freight it should be fine.

@peteprez I had a feeling you might ask that haha I’ll make it work.

I need to sell two more packs so I can order the next round and add the extra cells to these orders.

Also, I’m thinking of ordering from China, Basen technology co. Same place I bought cells for my pack. I’ve tested the discharge and temp against the spec sheet and it matched perfectly. Main benefit is that it’ll only take 1-2 weeks to arrive. Figured I should put it out there, see what you guys think.

1 Like

Siiiiiick. Thanks Tinnie!

Hey mate, appreciate you being so transparent about who you’re ordering from. Personally I’d prefer to get my pack from the cells you ordered from NKON, but that’s just because of all the positive feedback they get from the community.

But where you buy the cells from is entirely up to you. Again thanks for even keeping us in the loop about who you’re considering to buy the 30Q’s from. It’s very refreshing and I’ll have confidence in buying your pack either way. :+1:

3 Likes

15AH FTW lol

1 Like

I’m getting a lil jealous! might have to sneak some extra cells in for myself XD

Too often i find myself heading home 20 mins before I’ve had enough fun haha

2 Likes

Hey @TinnieSinker could you maybe do a 10s3p? what are the dimensions for the 10s4p? thanks

@TinnieSinker Hey mate, is this a long term thing or are you just making a few before calling it quits?

I ask because I have a battery from Diyeboard, although it’s not the best I can’t justify it to the missus this soon. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@MaxMalouf can do 3p, no problem. 4p dimensions are W14.5cm L38cm H2cm

@JasperM I won’t stop entirely though I will have to slow down from October to April.

Good to hear, I’ll have to start saving.

1 Like

Hey @TinnieSinker do you think you can you make me a 10s5p with BMS before you slow down please.

I have a @Hummie round three wood and carbon deck group buy on the way in a few weeks.

@psychotiller will provide the enclosure custom made for these decks. The Psycho’s arc V2 enclosure with wire channel includes all electronics power switch, battery meter, anti-spark installed. The setup will be using focboxes so the 10s5p will fit. Some flex is necessary.

I’ll get some more info from @psychotiller on the enclosure so the pack can be closer to ready to roll if you can do it. https://psychotiller.com/product/psychos-arc-v2

The @Hummie deck has been routed for electronics and battery.

I don’t expect anything landed here before 4 to 6 weeks. I can fix you up to cover costs if you need. Still need help to sort out the 10s4p.

Cheers

@TinnieSinker do your packs come with a bms? What are all the wires that come out of the 10s4p packs?

Thanks.

@mars can do! that deck and enclosure look awesome. looking forward to it :slight_smile:

@MaxMalouf I can add a BMS. I have some Bestechpower 10s 80A bms’s in stock. I’ll get a price in a sec. or a smaller 40A or, a cheaper charge only bms(not in stock) those are the balance wires but don’t worry, I’ll put whichever plug you need on there :+1:

1 Like