Cumulus Nimbus 4wd 12s8p evo street build

For the front motors should I extend the battery wires and install 2 Focbox upfront with a few extra capacitors or should I keep all 4 focbox together and extend the phase wires? Not sure what would be a better result.

never extend phase wires what you will have to do is from your battery cable get a parrell connector and parrel that for 2 focbox and the other 2 use 10awg wire so the distance doesnt make a resistance

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would agree keep the phase wires short as you desync with longer phase wires

1 Like

@Deckoz what do you mean by desync?

I always saw that its better to have long phase wires than long battery wires due to the voltage spikes the esc sees from induction in the long cables.

I will have my battery and esc in a box in the middle of a board, the phase wires are going to be hella long, like 600mm with all the turns. Am I screwed from the get go? I am running 1 motor btw.

Desynchronization happens when there is a large Delta time over long phase wires, which causes the ESC to miscalculate the phase bemf, offsetting the timing of firing and the ESC looses sync with the position of the motor causing a stall. It’s sometimes referred to as cogging, desync, bldc communication fall out.

Regardless of the name you chose, the rotor/bell stalls which can cause avalanche current, that causes the ESC to further lock the rotor and toss you off.

Im waiting on parts so no board updates today but I spent some time at my buddies house working on some boards, he has a Sunnko 709a spot welder and honestly it’s not a bad little welder.

I Fixed an issue with his Raptor 2 had to rewire the hall sensor pin then just ran the motor detection in FOC and it’s good as new(admittedly the hall sensor mishap was his fault).

Also here I am fixing his modded evolve battery. IMG955228

He lost power after a bump on the last ride and we looked at the battery and entire p group got disconnected, also there were 4 other spot welds that came loose. The work on this battery was very low quality so I had to go over it and make proper spot welds.

Didnt have any heat shrink so I taped it up good and now it’s good as new, lucky it didnt even become unbalanced.

We also tore apart an old 2012 model Yuneek ego and started to make a new 30q battery for it, 7s3p

No riding because if the rain but all in all a fun and productive day.

5 Likes

So I took off the wedge and added a spacer on the front for testing and now I have way more room, motors dont touch the deck even under hard turning. Now testing the front i realize my rear motors touch the deck under hard turning so matching the rear with the same spacer will also fix that.

3 Likes

You Miami Boys are killing it. I wish I had folks like that around me. It would be great to do some night runs.

3 Likes

So what kind of mileage are you getting out of six-shooters? I’m considering for a smoother ride vs 107mm but how long can I expect a set to last while riding with a moderate amount of carving on decent roads.

1 Like

Depends on the battery and motors. With a 10s4p 30q pack and duel 6374s I get 16-20 miles.

1 Like

I’m really heavy but last ride I got 15miles on my 12s4p duel 6374 maybe if I put a little more air I’d get less resistance.

But that’s why I’m building the 12s8p, after I get my enclosure I’ll start making the battery. If I can I’ll make it bigger.

1 Like

I’ll rephrase my question. How many miles until you have to replace worn tires. I didn’t do a good job with the question the first time :kissing_heart:

Ahhh, I’ve got close to 1500 miles on mine. I out them through the dishwasher a couple of weeks ago and they look almost new again. Maybe 1/8 rubber is gone.

4 Likes

Wow that’s insane milage.

1 Like

Do you only drive straight?

1 Like

No but I only rise in asphalt with them. I also carves pretty hard on them, they are by far the best number to tires around. But even if you shred one a set of tires and tunes is only $55.

1 Like

That’s good info. Friend here in Hawaii basically roasted the rear tires after like 100 miles. Not six shooters though.

1 Like

Yeah, Evoove and MBS tires last me about 200 yo 300 miles,

1 Like

Damn… That is astonishing…

@mmaner the 16-20 mileage, is that with heavy acceleration or more cruising/carving?

1 Like