Cumulus Nimbus 4wd 12s8p evo street build

You put a metric shit ton of work in it, made things work that weren’t supposed to work, and made it look awesome as well. Good frikkin job.

4 Likes

+1 ^^ 10char

2 Likes

It’s frikken heavy and since there’s motors sticking out the front and the back I cant mall grab it, there’s no easy way to carry it I was thinking of carrying a strap in my backpack to carry it and double as a tow rope or guitar mounting points and using my quick release guitar straps I have lol

4 Likes

That looks dope :smile:

Too bad the motors couldn’t fit on the inside, it would be more aesthetic.

I tried with enertion mounts but just would not fit with my enclosure. I think the only way would be gear drives like the thorium board.

I still think it looks good but I have to be careful not to launch my board or hit anything. I need to make some metal bars to protect my motors

1 Like

I think it looks awesome with the motors on the outside. I can help you model and print some bumpers if you like.

6 Likes

Great build! I still have yet to figure out why I won’t let myself build anything not 4wd. But I agree on the motors roaring all around you.

You feel a more even pull also, it’s easier to predict how much power is where and it’s harder to swing your tail out.

I hope to see this at a renegade event soon!

3 Likes

A cow catcher might be pretty sick actually.

2 Likes

Took her out for a night ride with 107s to test out the board with a familiar wheel set up and holy crap it’s stupid fast. I was flying by a light weight guy on a Raptor 2. I have not worked my self up to full throttle the board I can’t describe the power.

We rode 22miles and I had to tow a guy on a koowheel the last mile back I still had 61% at the end I LOVE this board.

3 Likes

20181114_014257

12 Likes

Any video from last night ride? I can’t wait to finish mine.

I didnt take much videos cause I was concentrating on riding lol.

Here’s a little something I recorded.

4 Likes

that 4wd is a beast!

Thanks I’ll show some real acceleration videos soon.

1 Like

What kinda range do you expect to get from this beast?

If I can get 30 miles on 6 shooters I’ll be happy.

On 107s I think I can easily get 60+miles

2 Likes

Noice. Thinking about going 4wd on my 12s4p build. Don’t need. Just want.

1 Like

It’s fun but only for crazy people haha I actually get wheel slip on the front wheels under hard acceleration.

Bad thing is the board is super heavy now and it’s not practical to pick up and go.

1 Like

hzaJ4Hn

5 Likes