Connecting a BMS Quick Guide [How-to]

I’m not sure what the schematics are for your BMS But, Your positive should not connect to your BMS. Only the Negative and the balance leads.

You might also have soldered the connections incorrectly. The negative should be going into B- and coming out of P-… it looks like you have it the other way around.

Also that positive charger shouldn’t be connected there.

This beautiful diagram might help http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/beautiful-diagrams-no-words-just-pics/3179/53?u=bender

3 Likes

Well …it helps a little bit…can you take a pic of your bms already hooked up…its my first time ever doing this

this might help

Well…I know about batteries and their connections…but I never did the bms connections…but if I can get a picture of someone’s bms already connected…it would help me lots

@Das53 One of the pictures from the OP is the BMS fully connecting. This one:

You should end up with the positive lead from the battery and the negative lead from the BMS.

From there you would connect you charging cable in parallel. I soldered them to my switch but you can see other diagrams posted above how it’s connected.

There BMS out there that have separate solder points for charging but the one I used, uses the same points for charging/discharging.

Hope this cleared up some things.

Ok ok…so I should put the one leaf in p…throughe the hole and bring it up through b hole…so p and b…are now using the same lead…and that black lead goes into the esc…and the red lead that the battery comes with goes in to the esc… .so its really only the balance leads…that goes to the bms…and the negative lead that I solder plugs into the negative esc…and the battery positive goes straight in to the esc? If its so then I understand?

Ok guys I got it to work…thank you all…20000mah skateboard…8 hour’s to charge at 2 amp lol

2 Likes

@Das53. Maybe this helps.

https://youtu.be/gnEGYwBa4tk

3 Likes

Do you just use the Bms to charge , have you got a link for the Bms as this looks perfect

20Ah ?! what range is that ? lol

1 Like

I am 215 pounds. 8s 20000mAh…36t/15t …it takes me 30 miles… I hate to see people post up these calculation crap that’s not true…and my bms is working beautifully…

The bus I use is this onehttp://m.ebay.com/itm/Balance-BMS-PCM-21A-w-Temp-Switch-for-8S-29-6V-Li-ion-Li-Po-battery-8S21W002-/321790758054?txnId=1622631924011

3 Likes

Someone made this not me…this helped me so much lol

1 Like

i have a similar battery setup to the one that you used as an example in this thread…im going to buy the bms you used, do i need any connectors or anything? or just soldering

I used a 8s balance leads…and the one the bms comes…like he said one battery you don’t remove and wire…and the second one…connect the black balance lead wire to the bms…that’s where i messed up…battery charges beautifully

For the newbies like me: could you perhaps post a parts list?

Eg: can figure out the battery, but BMS, switches, etc are harder to identify from photos.

:wink:

1 Like

@abenny Yup just mainly soldering. But like @Das53 Said the connector that came with the BMS.