Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Just got a 2nd one. Good job, love all the updates, they’re great.

Sorry to keep bugging with feature request :slight_smile: - Would it be possible to have a trip playback mode on the website (e.g. you hit play on the website, and it plays back on the timeline instead of having to drag the cursor over it)? The purpose would be for making esk8 videos - it would be easy to line up time stamps on videos so I can edit in a recorded trip as an overlay.

Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback, and please keep bugging me with your feature request. I will think about esk8 videos :wink:

1 Like

make sure the baud rate is set correctly (115200).

Tested today. The dropout was caused by interference. The bleutooth module is now further away from the vesc. since then not a single issue. :+1:

Really happy with the app and apple watch support

1 Like

The new version is out with some updates:

:fr: French translation (thanks to @ElskerShadow!)

• Battery Tile. The value is calculated based on your VESC limits and current voltage. Please make sure you set Maximum input voltage to the voltage that your battery has when fully charged and Battery cutoff end to the voltage when it has no charge left.

• You can now turn on Notifications. Imagine the app is running in the background, display is off and the phone is in your pocket. Suddenly Bluetooth disconnects or even worse VESC fault happens. You will get a notification which will make a usual sound and/or vibrate.

• Added possibility not to upload location data but still use GPS for distance and speed calculation

• Small speed and memory optimizations for iOS which should hopefully help older devices to keep the app running in the background and not being killed.

10 Likes

Fantastic! Great work!

Cant this be done with the bldc tool app? the one that @jacobbloy developed.

Is there anyway to get the website to display in imperial instead of metric?

Thanks!

Yes, there’s a way :slight_smile:

thanks bud!

App still working great!

Some suggestions:

• modifying the layout is sometimes little time consuming. idea maybe to select the data you want to see and then automatic arranging of the items
  • would like to have max speed added to the realtime data
  • possible to zoom out the trendline without zooming out maps
  • video overlay? :slight_smile:
1 Like

Can your app store data locally so I can view it in excel or another program that is not online?

@rpasichnyk Just ordered another unit. Thanks for the iOS integration.

for some reason it is not reading vesc2, it reads 1 just fine. both motors spin up and have the correct settings. any idea why the second isnt working - it says connection failed.

never mind, I changed the controller ID to 0 for VESC2 which is the same as VESC1 and it worked. I tested both VESCs and they had the correct detection settings for each motor.

@sebaszz Thank you for the suggestions! I will think about them :slight_smile: @PXSS yes, you can add ?format=json to the end of the URL and download JSON data (http://metr.at/r/NcF4o?format=json)

I am currently working on the video overlay. I want to make it beautiful, easy to use, customizable and more importantly allow to use the footage from any recording device, not just mobile (think about GoPro and similar).

###sneak peek :movie_camera:

8 Likes

I have some older 4.10 models of Vesc. That won’t be a problem will it? ( I have the stupid habit of buying shit why before I have time to build.)

@monkey32 That won’t be a problem. You can double check the number of pins on the UART port. I did a simple how-to guide https://metr.at/setup to help with the initial setup. As you can see in step 4 I am using VESC 4.10 myself.

What if I dont want it on the website???

1 Like

How much longer do you think the video overlay will take?