Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

New module?

Oooh… I like a good countdown!

I bet on a remote :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think is a BMS Bluetooth monitor integrated in metr app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see a 8 pin connector and what looks like an antenna cable. @rpasichnyk am I close? Can I beta test it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

My guess is a remote and BT module/receiver in one with telemetry on the remote?

Tell me its true - im in if it is :heart_eyes:

Now the module isn’t dumb anymore, the package looks like a GPS receiver, so you don’t need the phone connected anymore, just when you wan’t to view the data :grin:

Yeah it does look a lot like a GPS chip, but the external antenna looks like a nrf/BT/wifi type antenna instead of an external GPS antenna. :thinking:

One of the new features in Bluetooth 5 is greatly increased range, could be one of these new modules. Of course you’d only go to this much effort to increase range if you were planning control via BT too.

If you inspect the element you can see that it might be called "Metr-Pro"

Metr Module + X…

3 Likes

@rpasichnyk I can’t have my battery Metter anymore it’s very weird! The percentage indicator always worked and now it’s always at 0 on all my boards

It was always somehow unpolished for me. Unless you cannot set lower and upper limit and have your percentage scaled accordingly why even bother with percents when you have voltage?

I’m stupid, never used the sort function, i must have tapped by mistake, it was sorting for oldest to newest :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@rpasichnyk

Just did a test run on your newest fw, it looks like it’s working perfectly fine now on Android Oreo… :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Need update to fix modes on 3.102 plz :slight_smile:

It’s always a race against firmwares!

1h 16m to go…

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for speculations :slight_smile: You have amazingly nice ideas!

6 Likes

Got an app crash today on a >15min ride. Ride back worked. Will pm link to log file.

Latest version of the app.

1 Like

Do know anyway if we could reverse our board just like we accelerate it with the remote itself. If yes, could you please explain me how to in details.

@Surfer, I’m now able to connect HM10 to an Android 8 phone (I had to lower to 9600 bauds because of my (useless) voltage divider I have to remove, but too lazy). But, I did the same upgrade to a Metr.at (HM11) module on another build but no luck to have it recognized by metr.at app. I set UUID and name up to match the previous settings (before upgrading).

So I screwed a metr.at module up… :worried:

What did you do for having it working after firmware upgrade ?

1 Like

Sorry if I didn’t explain well enough, my English is quite short. I did not touch the firmware on the BT module, only on the phone. Downgraded to 7.1, the phone was able to see and connect with metr module and fully working. Later I upgraded to Oreo 8.1 via OTA, and surprisingly I find it still working. Good luck with the module, bring it back to life! :wink:

2 Likes