Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Awesome! I did see there was an update after I posted this - will check it out in a bit

Edit - just checked and it still wasn’t working - well it was reading battery but nothing else, seems it works in standard baud rate 115200 as once I changed that back it came good!

Added that info, you right :slight_smile: !

Also here is a record with what I mean, I see a dot where I started recording, but no information of the traject I did.

The app has permission to the location. I tested the app on 2 different Android ROMS (same phone, different software).

Hi Roman, No way to connect my OnePus 5T (Android 8.1) to your module (can’t even see in bluetooth module). My iPhone can connect flawlessly.

Is it related to the upgrade of BT procotol of Oreo ? If so, does it mean that your modules FW need an update to comply with the BT standard ?

Thanks Roman, but I just tried and when I select Portuguese it stays in English, other languages works fine

@TehAtheist I’ll check it out, thank you for details @Pimousse Yes, it’s unfortunate HM-10 Oreo problem. I am working on this. @Pedrodemio oops :sweat_smile:, I forgot to add one thing, it is fixed with v2.2.38

3 Likes

Great ! Many thanks. Quick “bug” spotted : help box of “Prefer GPS” is the same as “Use location” in the settings.

1 Like

Not seeing this on IOS

@rpasichnyk I saw that the Wh calculation was corrected (I didn’t notice it was wrong). Does this change affect previous records? I swear that the range test of my board was 350Wh used, but now I was looking and it is 377Wh

If now it’s correct than that’s great, since the theoretical capacity of my pack is 380Wh

Incorrect means like double or triple :slightly_smiling_face: I think you were not affected by this bug.

1 Like

hello @rpasichnyk , Perimetr does not support the FW 3.38 …? oups edit: Shift made

@rpasichnyk I think I found another bug or something like that, look at this record

You can see by the GPS data that on 17:31:27 I stopped and at 17:33:00 started moving again (Watching a nice sunset), but if you look at the current data it’s all zero long before I start moving again

Same goes for the top speed of 40 km/h, that according to GPS occurred while I’m stopped lol!

It appears that the GPS data and Bluetooth data are out of sync, I will look at older records to see if happening in other occasions, this is my first ride after the last update

Cheers

EDIT: Just looked at older records, they are all in sync

I don’t know, but for looks like VESC was reporting some false data back to the app. Like negative duty cycle, how is that possible? What VESC firmware do you have?

Hi @rpasichnyk, a quick question I hope you will try help me with. :slight_smile: I’ve been using your module for more than a year with my iPhone - works perfectly! :slight_smile: Now I have bought a Kingwear 88 watch that runs a full Android 5.1 and tries to connect to the module. It does find it and connect, but it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting in an endless cycle. Do you have any idea why that may be? To be honest I have absolutely NO android knowledge, so if it’s some kind of basic setting I should change, I’d love to try it out! :slight_smile: Thanks

Hadn’t noticed that before, something is wrong, I think 3.29

@rpasichnyk @Pedrodemio Negative duty cycle can happen if you move the board backwards. Like if you’re standing and moving the board back and forth under your feet. I do it all the time which is how I know lol. You were probably doing something similar.

E: it doesn’t mean the command is negative, but the feedback is.

You could add throttle position to the record and that would tell you the difference between command and actual. Could also be useful for throttle tuning.

2 Likes

I definitely moved it backwards, I will log a ride again and see if the problem is still happening

The problem is definitely gps/bt data being misaligned. You can see in the first minute of the file, your speed is zero yet your gps is moving. Same thing at the end of the file, GPS stopped before bt data did.

Going out in a few minutes to test

Hi there, couple of questions if I may

Is there any way to see lifetime stats for a board with the board disconnected? I can only find them when I click on the name of the BT module when its connected.

I have a strange issue with the modes. I read my current settings (from when I did setup with USB cable and VESC tool) and then made that into my “normal mode” without changing anything. I then did the same so I could overwrite data for slow mode but then tuned batt max and motor max down but when I accelerate it makes the board go into reverse only?

@Klattrup ha-ha, I have never seen smart watches with full Android before. I am surprised you even managed to make connection with the module. This means that you could open Metr app, navigate to Settings and press Scan. How is that even possible on that tiny screen?

@PXSS thank you for enlightening me about negative duty cycle :slight_smile:

@Pedrodemio do you still have the issue? Do you remember, was it a cloudy weather? My app records GPS position only if accuracy is within 30 meters, which is not always the case when you bad GPS signal.

@BigBrit You should be able to see the stats even if the board disconnected. Just click on the red disconnected icon and then you can see your stats. Maybe you didn’t notice 2 tabs on the top: “Today” and “All Time”, you can switch between them. Can you repeat what you did with modes and see if you still have the issue, then go to metr - Settings - Show Logs and send me the text file? I will try to help you.