Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Try triggering the change of your selected parameters, for example spin the motor. You can also test by clicking ‘Random On’ in Settings.

Thanks Roman - that trick sparked it into life So only two parameters can be displayed on the watch ?

Also - my distance parameters now has two values - one 1345 and one 3.86km. Presumably the larger no is a total distance until a reset and the smaller no is last trip? . So how do you reset the large no? . Turning off power to vesc doesn’t reset it and it doesn’t reset through Reset Settings in Settings Tab? Thanks

Hi @rpasichnyk,

I am seeing weird statistics in the app, saying I have 6000Amps running through my board. With even a max of 19277.8A Do you have any idea what is going on?

Here you can check my ride from today

I am running Vesc firmware 2.18, since I am unable to flash 3.3 firmware. More details on this issue can be found here:

Yes it looks weird. Can you please connect with USB and do a little bench test with BLDC Tool Realtime values? Maybe your VESC went crazy and just reports some garbage.

I will give it a try. I have ridden a few days without bluetooth module, but didn’t set the VESC back to ‘PPM only’ for those days. Since then it takes a few extra seconds before a connection between remote and board is secured… Never seen any errors from the tool as far as I can remember Today, suddenly, that linking doesn’t take that long anymore, almost instant connection. But I am having these weird stats for a few weeks, but never bothered looking into it till today

Any possibility to create a trigger remote sometime in the future?

What do you mean? Can you explain?

This is a thumb remote, it means you control it with the thumb, there are a lot of rides accustomed to control their remotes with the index finger, I call that a trigger remote.

This thread is about the Bluetooth device and app. What does that have to do with a remote??

I’m sorry it seems I made a mistake and replied in a different thread, of course it has nothing to do with it.

Is there any change to get the wonderbull metr.at app running with the ackmaniac firmware?

Nope, although some people have issues with their voltage being shown as x10. I think this might have been fixed tho.

Check you pm please!

1 Like

I got it working fine. I still haven’t tried changing settings through perimtr but metr works just fine

I set PPM and UART and metr.app on my iPhone X does connect to the module - but it does not show live data.

Where do I have to look for?

Can you post screenshots? Does it say connected on the bottom of the main screen?

1 Like

I found the ERR in the UART speed settings. it was 9600 bps…

it has to be 115200bps

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk

I was just playing with the new overlay tool, way better than the old web based one, do you plan do add more widgets instead of just plain text? or allow for script customization?

Yes I do! Thank you for trying it out!

1 Like

I think I have the same problem. My first thought is that it is firmware 2.18 related. When I turn on the board and open the app, it starts counting up VESC everytime it updates. So every 0.3 seconds it adds a VESC, which means that I after some time will have 1000 VESCs or even more. When multiply data then is on, it multiplies e.g. the current amps with the VESC count, and that’s why it goes crazy. Check my video:

The multiplying of the data happens (as intended) only when the setting is on. But the number-of-VESCs-count keeps rising regardless of my settings. Is this something that can be fixed, since I’m not planning to update my VESC firmware right now @rpasichnyk? :slight_smile: Maybe the user should set the number of VESC’s instead of it detecting it automatically. Or maybe I should just get to it and update my VESCs…

Thanks!

2 Likes