Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

@rpasichnyk I want to be able to change vesc settings in my focboxes, without tanken the enclosure apart.

I have two focboxes on my board. Each have their own receiver. So no can-bus.

Any problems in running 2 x BT modules at the same time. So i can switch between them, when i want to make changes in the VESC settings ?

1 Like

There should be no problems :+1:

1 Like

I know I already mentioned it, but is there a chance to implement motor temp logging in metr app? I know most people probably don’t care about it but I think it can be another useful feature.

Thank you for mentioning it, I added this feature in the last update. It should work if you have sensors in your motors :slight_smile: Please check when you have time.

ping @MrEpiquad

1 Like

Thanks! :pray: didn’t notice it :slight_smile: I will check soon, just finishing to waterproof my mountainboard and it will be able to hit the trail again.

Thanks alot for this update ! It’s very useful for my electric foil board project :smiley:

So just hook in up the first of my two modules to a v4.10 Ollin Vesc Loaded with 3.27 software. My phone finds the metr board app and I get to the Bluetooth connect but dry runnng on work desk doesn’t show me anything. The app is saying it’s connected to bt but no data. Any ideas?

I have the same problem since a week or so. Can’t find out why. Tried different baud rate and nothing works.

@monkey32 @ElskerShadow iOS or Android?

IOS. Still works fine with ackmaniack’s app tho on android

Android- xiaomi

@ElskerShadow try installing metr app on Android. Force close VESC Monitor and perimetr if they are running.

Same thing on iOS. Make sure perimetr is not running in the background. I remember I had a terrible bug on iOS when communication just didn’t work and the only thing that helped is deleting the app and installing it again. Unfortunately, this will delete all your records. Best if you have another iOS device to test first. You can use iTunes to export all your records and then reinstall the app and import back via iTunes.

I’ll try with my professional iphone. What baud rate do you recommend ?

The only baud rate that works with my module is 115200. @monkey32 check that you have UART enabled and 115200 baud rate via VESC Tool.

https://metr.at/setup

Baud rate is correct.

Hey do you know if this change to iTunes will affect our ability to transfer records to the computer? I swear Apple is going backwards with each iTunes update…

Apple quietly released iTunes version 12.7 for both Windows and macOS, and the most immediate change is that it no longer contains any options for syncing apps or ringtones to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Will this work with the new 3.29 firmware from VESC-Tool?

Yes, both apps (metr and perimetr) work with official 3.29 from VESC Tool.

hello man I still can’t make work both of my modules

Oh, that’s unfortunate. Have you tried with another iPhone?