Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

So perimetr will finally work with VESC SIX? That’s great to hear! Now my idea of adding an external micro USB port seems obsolete :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Yes. I think that is what Roman is telling us. :slight_smile: I can tell you tomorrow if it is working for me.

@rpasichnyk Great to see all the new things that you fixed and added to the app in the time I wasn’t here::+1: I am stoked to test it in the next days.

1 Like

Nice work Roman!! I test the App today with my dual Vesc6 and it works Great! The App find both Vesc without any problem. Foc detection works too.

1 Like

Confirmed. :grinning: Changed the battery current with FW3.29 and perimetr app. Works. Thanks Roman.

2 Likes

Does the metr.at log work with the vesc x or focbox from enertion?

Yes it does. I use it with VESC 6. You choose what dongle you want on the metr.at webshop: either for Vesc4 hw or vesc6 hw. (Edit: typo)

1 Like

hello i have a dual hub maytech 9055 http://www.maytech.cn/en/mto91hbm-nh/8803.html

(28 pole rotor, 24 pole stator)

how do I have to setup the app ? motor poles 24 or 28 ? pulley. : 1 & 1 ?

Frankly I am not sure, but try 24, 28 and maybe 14 :grinning: Definitely leave pulleys 1 : 1 As an idea you can edit layout so you have GPS speed and speed side by side and compare them when you move (please be careful and look forward all the time, not on the screen)

Another idea is move the board exactly 100 meters and check the distance?

ok, thanks ! is it possible to have GPS speed and speed on the graphs (less dangerous to compare after the ride :wink: )

Not possible, but you can have GPS speed and rpm

then calculate distance per revolution dpr = wheelDiameter(mm) / 1000 * 3.14159 * motorPulleyTeeth / wheelPulleyTeeth

speed(kph) speed = rpm * dpr / motorPoles * 2 * 60 / 1000

In your case speed = rpm * wheelDiameter / motorPoles * 0,0003768

So if you know the speed you can calculate motor poles motorPoles = rpm * wheelDiameter * 0,0003768 / speed

Do not forget to turn on Prefer GPS in Settings → Location

I just flashed me FOCBOX with 3.28 (VESC_default_410_o_411_o_412.bin) and the motor no longer spins. When I connect the FOCBOX to BLDC Tool it tells me:

The firmware on the connected VESC is too old. Please update it using a programmer.

When I try to re-flash any other firmware (tried the default 2.18 and @Ackmaniac’s) I get a buffer erase time out.

I would appreciate any help to get back up and running.

Do not worry, you can get back up and running. I replied in your thread.

Thanks for being so responsive! Because of you I’m able to ride my first board home from work today :+1:

2 Likes

ALERT: Right now I have issues on the server side. Uploading records does not work. Your records are fine, you will be able to upload them soon, I will post update here when I fix this.

UPDATE: The issue has been fixed. Everyone should be able to upload now.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk Any chance to add an option of marking/staring/adding notes/colours/ to records in the list? sometimes is hard to find particular record from the list in the app when they all are just in order of date. That would be very useful. thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m a new user. Connected and configured as per your instructions to a scram 4.12 VESC. Uploaded the firmware posted above… VESC works normally. I get a connection in the metr app on my phone but no data at all shows in the app. Am I missing something? Oh I configured the VESC using the new VESC tools gui…

If I connect in the perimetr app and hit read it throws an error saying that the VESC has an unsupported firmware and further communication is disabled.

@amazingdave

1. make sure you only run one app at a time, because if you run both, one of them will not be able to communicate with BT module
  2. Flash official latest v3.29 firmware from Vedder using VESC Tool
  3. Check that you have latest version of perimetr
  4. Report back if it still does not work

All working now. Thanks for the fast response.

1 Like

I would love to see this as well

If you had the option to “star” or flag a record, it would super useful. I have hundreds of records, and the important ones tend to get lost

Alternatively or in addition to this: Could you please add some kind of marking if a fault occurred? For example, automatically display a “!!!” next to the record if any fault was triggered

2 Likes

@MontPierre @jmasta very nice ideas, thank you! Will work on it when I have some time.

2 Likes