Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

This new feature is awesome, thanks for all the new information!

@MontPierre duty cycle is basically how often VESC pumps the current into the motor. 95% duty cycle means that you have reached maximum. But RPM of the motor stays the same on your record, even goes down. That was what I was talking about. I hope you will fix this issue :slight_smile: Also my advice is to disable “Prefer GPS” setting and make sure your pulley and wheel diameter are correct. Your speed and range will be calculated using rpm, which is more accurate!

@Esrapp21 you are welcome! I remember you wanted avg current :wink:

1 Like

@rpasichnyk The VESC6 version you are selling - that is plug and play right? No changing of the tx and rx or anything?

Yes, it is VESC6 plug and play. It has 8-pin plug and I change RX and TX before sending out so you don’t have to.

@rpasichnyk i didn’t manage to test the the app yet, i accidentally shorted my VESC just before i received the module, my VESC 6 is a few days away, but two questions

-Any progress on how to handle two VESC’s connected via CAN? maybe a approach like @Ackmaniac that it just multiply the relevant values by two for now would be ok

-Would be possible to add grade to the graph? doing the height diference for a given distance or even pulling that information from Google Maps itself. Ebikes.ca trip simulator does that way and i find it reasonably accurate. My fear is that GPS will have a low precision on the elevation for the data to be meaningful

-make it 3, adding wh/km in this new tab of data would be really helpful to

Thanks

@rpasichnyk You should consider additional business model. I have my own BT MODULE but I’d love to use your app. What I suggest is that you should make IN-APP PURCHASE option for IOS for let say 10$ for those who already have their own BT’s but want to use your app. If someone doesn’t have BT they will still buy it from for 23$ as it is good deal for them to get BT+APP. That’s a win win situation for everyone.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk thanks for the app update! Unfortunately it hasn’t charged anything - still no notification. I do get a red dot on the app icon sometimes - unfortunately no notification to light up locked screen or interrupt other app.

I have another request - would you be able to add option to modify voltage value of 0% of the battery ?

For example so with lipos 0% would be 3.6V? Or 36.00 with 10s -adjustable.

At the moment it must be hard coded and I get to 30% and for me it is the lowest I would go with lipos and everyone discharges them differently :wink:

EDIT

Just restarted board, app was running in the background and I have received battery charged notification as soon as app connected to Bluetooth module after board restart. Weird… and board is long time charged :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a bunch man. Fast shipping to Canada too!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m sorry if I missed it somewhere. Is it possible to add more battery types? I’m using A123’s with 3.3v nominal and 3.6v max.

Thank you for any consideration.

1 Like

I guess you are using ANR26650? I added it to my app, it wasn’t hard. It will be available in the next version :slight_smile:

I used approximate values from the discharge curve in the test linked above:

property var anr26650Curve: [3.6, 3.3, 3.28, 3.26, 3.24, 3.22, 3.2, 3.18, 3.16, 3.1, 2.7]

The first value is at 100% capacity, then 90%, 80%, 70%, … Let me know if the values look wrong.

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile: to be honest I’m not sure how to tell if they are right or wrong :confused: I have faith in your approximations. After the next update I will report back.

Hey @rpasichnyk do you have any plans to incorporate the new firmware v3.27 into Metr and Perimetr? I am assuming it will work fine with Metr. Anyone tried it yet?

I have a few metr noob problems :slight_smile: I have read through most of this thread and admit I may have missed some things. Using mac, iPhone 6+ and imovie

• my realtime data page setup changes when the app restarts or crashes (see below)
  • some of my records crash the app when I click to open them in the phone app
  • when I get a record to upload to chrome there is no map
  • when I try to do the overlay the readout is in the middle of the screen no matter which one I choose.

Thank you for any help

@jmasta yes I am working on it, metr already supports v3.27 firmware, perimetr is in the works. @i2oadsweepei2 thank you for reporting this. Can you export problematic record with iTunes and PM me? Then I can see why it crashes and fix it.

Connect iPhone with USB, open iTunes, find Apps → metr, then find the record by date, select both *.r and *.s file and drag them to Finder.

I’ve been stalking for this thread for a while, maybe it’s almost time for me to buy a module :wink:

3 Likes

ok I reinstalled the app and now the realtime page keeps the configuration I chose. Fixed the map problem too, but that was my fault. I was asked to allow location service and said yes this time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I made a few test runs with the random generator and they all work and upload now. I think reinstalling the app fixed that. I’ll take it for a real trip in a while. As for the overlay, I cheated and thought I could get away with a free mp4 converter. No can do :grimacing: Learning about ffmpeg now.

Thank you Roman for your patience.

You are welcome! If you have any issues let me know :slight_smile:

We still miss the most important feature. Used mAh…

You want to see mAh in the web view? Like this ↑ but mAh?

1 Like

Thank you. Everything seems better. Now just chrome won’t auto download the overlay after its compiled. Gonna try and get a run in and see if it works instead of the sample.