Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

i’m a web developer too and i can appreciate your hard work on this, it looks pretty amazing!

i use nike+ running club to track the distance and time and i will get one of this for sure :slight_smile:

@evoheyax It is a battery current that you see on the chart. Motor current can be seen in the Realtime Tab. I get the data from one VESC. Multiple will come later. I agree with you 25% is a very big number.

@Stevemk14ebr @tueboard Appreciation from developers is the best thing ever. Thank you guys!

@rpasichnyk - will I be able to store/save different motor configurations or do I have to read, configure, write and save when I change motors

1 Like

Love what your doing!

Just curious why not make the hardware side open and charge for the app? That way no one has to wait or pay for shipping

2 Likes

Never mind, I just read the details on the apple store and saw that you can save different motor configs.

Guess what

Get yourself some Wear on Black Friday!

5 Likes

Please port to the Samsung Gear series as well! Love your work, will be ordering shortly.

1 Like

Afaik they all use the same android watch os, so it should work on the gear series just fine right?

1 Like

Unfortunately, Samsung Gears are running Tizen OS not Android Wear. TBH, I don’t know how difficult a task it is to port to tizen, but I do know that android wear has a TON more apps developed for it- likely developers spend the time/effort where they will hit the biggest market, can’t blame them for that.

@rpasichnyk Is it possible to change ppm settings with your app as well? I have the new bldc with watt control and I would like to change some settings there as well via app

Very nice and being a harsh pain in the butt, Wh is Energy not Power. :slight_smile:

Wow. Definitely the best looking/ most powerful App so far. And it looks like it hasn’t a lot of bugs like Jacobs app or the little bugs in @evoheyax app. To have the opportunity to change the layout directly in the app is amazing. Just a little thing I noticed and I would do different is the font representation. Your size of the text adjusts dynamically to the current value. So the XX.1 is shorter than the XX.3 so it adjusts its position. Also the XX.0 isn’t represented as a "XX.0 ", its represented as a “XX”. I would set it constant to 1 digit after decimal point. So then the text wouldnt change its position and size, resulting in a much smother look. I hope that you understand what I mean.

The other thing I noticed is the constraint to have internet connection and upload my record data to your server to have the possibility to view it as a graph. I know it is great if you want to share your ride and have internet available and the result looks very sick :sunglasses:, but isn’t it possible to also have the opportunity to look the data offline? So plotting the graph inside the app? That would be amazing.

It depends what graphing library he’s using. They may or may not have a mobile version, and even if they have a mobile version, it may not be for both android and iOS. I can do in app graphing because I use a library called coreplot. It has versions for other languages too, so when I build my server side graphs in the near future, I can easily pass the data and rebuild the graphs quite easily.

No, unfortunately this is not possible. But I will add this in the future.

I can’t promise anything but I will have a look at that!

This is absolutely correct observation. Thank you very much for pointing. This is now fixed in the web part and coming shortly to the apps.

Yes I understand what you mean. You want to have fixed number of digits after decimal point and you want the size of the font not to change all the time. I must say after thinking couple of minutes I want the same thing as you :slight_smile: I will fix this.

No, unfortunately this is not possible right now. But I agree this should be done at some point. I will add this to my TODO list.

1 Like

Good to hear that you understand this explanation and want the same. :sunglasses:[quote=“rpasichnyk, post:36, topic:13483”] No, unfortunately this is not possible right now. But I agree this should be done at some point. I will add this to my TODO list. [/quote] Nice to see this on your TODO list. I think a first step in the right direction would be to have the opportunity to look the data in table form or just the max and min values, because right now you cant see anything of your recorded ride then the used Energy and the distance. (the max speed, average speed, max temp etc. would be cool to have also) Maybe also save the data in a .csv file or anything like that which then can be send over email or viewed on other mobile app. Lets say your server shuts down because of a reason then we cant do anything with our data.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk

i just made a little php script to generate an image of the race map for sharing on instagram, twitter, facebook… :grinning:

parameters: map = [roadmap|terrain|hybrid|satellite] (default roadmap) dark = [0|1] (default 0) id = metr.at race id color = rgb hex color (without #) (default EF4A13)

sample uri http://migueldev.com/metr/?id=NcF4o&map=roadmap&dark=0&color=EF4A13

preview

roadmap

terrain

hybrid & dark

satellite & dark

satellite & dark & cyan color (00FFFF)

If you liked the icons you can download them from here finish: https://mapicons.mapsmarker.com/markers/sports/cycling/finish-race/?custom_color=ff2424 start: https://mapicons.mapsmarker.com/markers/sports/relaxing-sports/skateboarding/?custom_color=3ed620

source code https://gist.github.com/miquelcamps/b8e2b02a8691ecd92b031cc9f0f878ab

4 Likes

@tueboard this is amazing! You can put some more numbers on top like “energy” or “avg/max current/voltage”. This will make your image stand out of regular mobile apps, that only have access to GPS but don’t have access to VESC data.

1 Like

more data added!

@rpasichnyk this module looks awesome. I will definitely get it once my other parts arrive. Just a question: how are you doing stock wise? Are you running low? If so, how long would a new wave of them take to make?

@rpasichnyk Just for my interest. Why have you removed the “generate random data” button in the new iOS version? Or is it now located elsewhere?