Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

Yes, settings in the VESC, like max current etc. Special FW is needed to icrease timeout for bluetooth when writing settings with perimetr. Yes, you can use FOCBOX and any other VESC out of the box with metr app for telemetry.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk is it possible to integrate motor temperature in the logging/real time data ?

It will be possible. I will do it after new firmware will be released by Benjamin (hopefully soon). I wonder if VESC 4.12 with the new firmware will be able to read motor temperature. I know that VESC 6 can.

@rpasichnyk Just FYI, I think end charge notification isn’t working. I have tried multiple voltages, with locked phone, unlocked, in different app, in metr app and still don’t get notification. I have notification and bluetooth notification switched on.

Notifications work on my phone as I received one of bluetooth disconnection.

Why don’t you do a pull request so @Ackmaniac could have this change in his firmware as well?

@MontPierre thanks for the heads up, I will check @SilentException I would love to do a pull request, but his code is not on github

1 Like

@rpasichnyk No worries! It is a neat function as I usually charge to 41.5V max instead of 42V :slight_smile:

I see. Thanks, didn’t know that. I will see if I could apply the patch to his code and build the firmware myself.

I cherry picked your relevant commits, looks good?

@SilentException Yes, those are relevant changes, looks good! But wait, it’s a trap :slight_smile: This idea does not make any sence

1. I think @Ackmaniac already did similar fixes (partially, no motor detection) because it is possible to write settings with his app
  2. If you try to write settings with perimetr you will face an obstacle that my app requires firmware version 2.18 while Extended firmware is version 2.54 or something
  3. If you go further and change the version of Extended firmware to 2.18 this will result in unexpected behaviour because perimetr sends a structure MC_CONF without Extended parameters (without watt curves etc.)
1 Like

Trap it is :smiley: Impossible to implement if perimeter isn’t updated as well. Would be nice if you guys would play ball :wink:

hello do permeter. work with dual motor (dual vesc… can you send settings through CAN ? )

for hub motors, which settings should I put ?

thanks

Yes, perimetr works with dual VESC, it detects the number of VESCs and you can switch between them. For hub motors use standard settings and do motor detection as usual.

@rpasichnyk have you had a chance to check on battery charge end notification?

BTW it would be cool to have option to choose a warning or notification of low battery voltage to prevent over discharge. Preferably a loud noise or constant vibration ofd the hone until user acknowledges the alert - something like when timer goes off on the iphone. What do you think? It would replace my voltage meter :smiley:

Another thought - recording voltage sag - lowest voltage and pinpointing it to the graph and map?

1 Like

What is the difference between current and motor current on the graph?

i’m loosing quite often stored setting. Only the motor tab settings remain but the rest I need to reconfigure. Is this a know issue? I have the same behavior on 2 ios phones.

I also noticed with automatic recording. Switching off power after end of ride. Gives undervoltage fault but then the duration keeps on counting for +10 min, So a 6 min ride will be stored as 20 min. (with undervoltage fault)

But it is still a great app! also the apple watch app is great!

Yes I checked that and found a bug, thanks :slight_smile: The fix is coming soon.[quote=“MontPierre, post:398, topic:13483, full:true”] What is the difference between current and motor current on the graph [/quote]

This is a known problem and also fixed just couple of days ago, update coming very soon![quote=“sebaszz, post:399, topic:13483”] Gives undervoltage fault but then the duration keeps on counting for +10 min, So a 6 min ride will be stored as 20 min [/quote]

I know the reason, it’s because iOS freezes the app once bluetooth connection is lost. I will try to fix this, thanks for reporting!

1 Like

I found a way to squeeze more data into a web view :scream: :scream: rpm for @MrEpiquad and @hexakopter, min voltage for @MontPierre and everyone else, I hope you will like it :+1:

Click on the arrow and you will see new stuff!

which is also clickable

Show some love and share your records :heart:

4 Likes

Amazing! Works perfectly! Great stuff ! Thanks for quick implementation!!!

1 Like

@MontPierre You have a good battery, almost no sag, but what is that drop to 10V at 18:43:25? Did you turn off the power while riding? :slight_smile: How did that happen? Also rpm and duty cycle are out of sync at that moment, it looks more like a corrupted data to me or VESC going crazy :confused:

@rpasichnyk yeah , I was surprised as well! I get sometimes this voltage drop, I think I might be having a short , and on uneven ground it happens, motor loses power for split second. Thanks to your logging tool I can investigate it further!!!

As for rpm and duty cycle - I had no idea it is out of sync. What’s the relation? What should I be looking for ideally?