Configuration and telemetry for VESC [iOS, Android]

This would be great feature as an emergency back up. So if your remote battery runs out or f it fails for some other reason you won’t have to push miles to get home.

Or just for 20-30km/h usage

This module works fine with all the other apps on the market. Juste a random bt module won’t work with metr. At least all the app I tried worked well with the module.

I made a video [ E-Skate Commute London n.1 part 1 - Canary Wharf Pier to Tower Hill DLR Station ] with the overlay and it looks good. I think it’s pretty much in sync, I had to slow down the downloaded webm file tough. I slowed it down to 93% of the original export speed, I think I have like 1-2 sec difference at the end but they’re almost in sync.

I probably need to accelerate and brake like 3 times in a row to set a “marker” that will let me synchronize the video with the log as my camera doesn’t timestamp the video (:/)

This is the css that I used: gist I used Premiere to cut the green by applying the Ultra Key video effect

1 Like

I am afraid I will not do backup remote control feature, because BLE is not reliable enough and it is very dangerous. Better safe than sorry, just walk to a nearest bus station. Next time have spare batteries in your pocket :slight_smile:

I just added zoom feature for Desktop browsers

:heavy_plus_sign: Click and drag to zoom in :heavy_minus_sign: Right click to zoom out

Zooming also affects map and summary values (avg / top speed / current etc.). Energy and distance is not affected but I will fix this bug in the future version.

3 Likes

Just received my module, unfortunately my board is down, but I’m anxious to give it a try, specially the video overlay

I flashed my firmware to the extended bldc tool. Now it shows this voltage https://metr.at/r/U0nVt Which is just multiplied by 10 for some reason

Because the voltage value is saved with different multiplier to the command buffer

ACKMANIAC_Sources/bldc-firmware/commands.c:181

We can ask @Ackmaniac to explain why he modified the multiplier

1 Like

I cant write my settings with perimetr I can read it all but write says: communication failed

Did you upload custom firmware as described at the end of this page?

Yes i did it all

Is there a chance firmware did not upload properly? (for example you have Maytech VESC without bootloader). Otherwise please share your device model, OS version and perimetr app version.

I have updated the firmware again Still the same problem

I have a 4.12 vesc This one: https://www.ebay.at/itm/322491903214 iOS 10.3.1 Perimetr: newest

That is a Maytech VESC without bootloader. Updating the firmware does not work on those without flashing the bootloader yourself first.

How can i get the perimetr to work then??

you get a proper VESC or upload the bootloader. We had this topic numerous times now - search the forum.

Ok thank you Do you think there are people on this forum (in europe) who can do that bootloader for me? I dont have any idea on how to do that Even the forum posts about it just irritate me

I could do that for you in Germany.

For how much? :slight_smile: That would be amazing

30 € ? :smiley: Got all the required stuff right here and used to working with STM32 chips