Rebuild in progress - ETA: COMPLETED
- Benchwheel 270kv Motor
- Benchwheel Trucks and Motor Mounts
- Benchwheel Deck (Cut smaller)
- x2 KDLipo 2600 mAh 35c 3S in series
- HobbyKing® ™ 150A High performance Brushless Car ESC
- FS-GT2B Controller and Receiver
Current Progress: COMPLETED
I’ve Gone ahead and stripped out the battery and electronics from the case.
I will keep the electronics for charging my pack. I found out that I need to have the red and black power leads connected to the Electronics to charge the pack and not only the white connector. This means I’ll need to solder some wiring and a female connector to where these leads go to so that when the pack needs charging, all I have to do is connect the pack to the deans and the white cable to the electronics which will allow me to charge the same way the board did before.
I now wait for the new ESC and controller to arrive in 2 days time.
Edit: 2am here. I tried to get one of the motors out. Realized I had to take the motor mount off but one of the grub screws on the trucks so damn tight with thread lock, my Allen key is twisted on itself. I’ll need a new set of Allen keys tomorrow…
Bloody grub screw stripped… I wanted to remove the second motor to reduce weight. Now I’ll have to leave it on for now because I can’t remove the motor mount.
New stuff arrived today! Hooked everything up and went for a test run. Needs some improvements. I’m stripping it apart and will be cutting my deck and working on a new enclosure on the days to come.
I really want to take that second motor out but I cant take these motor mounts off because the grub screws are thread locked…
Everything is set so far. Happy with the general performance. Doesn’t feel as good as the original electronics but at least it works and doesn’t cut off every minute .
I’ve gone ahead and drilled holes (using a bloody screwdriver. Took an hour to drill 4 holes.) + drawn out my final deck design. Will be taking it to the local wood shop tomorrow to get it cut. Then I cant start mounting all my stuff to the deck!
The local wood shop!
Final Deck Design
It works! I took it out for a test run. No enclosure so far but it works great. Braking is loud but acceleration is hardcore. FYI, The battery and ESC box is held by industrial double sided tape. The black electrical tape is just another safety precaution.
Test run. I’ve since taken it out for a 1km ride so far and it’s working well. In the video I forgot to adjust my brake settings that’s why it took so long to brake. (It’s now on 80% instead of 30% as shown in the video)
Was busy and didn’t upload todays progress. It is complete!
Now running x2 2600 mah lipos in series. Will get more lipos soon. I’m now officially poor.