Complete ESK8 - Made by Builders - Looking for US builders

I might be interested in being a builder. I’m in the bay area, California.

1 Like

Maybe in white it would look better?

We are thinking of a light gray on black, but the orange looks the nicest we believe.

1 Like

Just showing interest!! Love this idea. Hopefully I am not the only Canadian (pretty sure the map indicated I was!)

1 Like

Any updates?

We’re waiting for prototypes, we don’t want to rush this, risking to put on the market a flawed product. Soon the first full board prototype will be working, @michichopf is going to shoot promo and test videos in the next weeks, we’ll then proceed to pre-orders and after a couple of months we should have the parts in our hands. This stuff takes time, even more than single builds, and most of us is working or studying in the meantime We’ll keep you updated on our social accounts, you can find us on Facebook and Instagram (watch out, there’s already fakes of us :wink: )

5 Likes

So, in case anyone is wondering, we’re still prototyping. The members of the team who have 3d printers and CNCs are trying specifically motor mounts, and we’re arranging the pulley’s production as it’s the one that takes the longest (@Titoxd10001 has already done some group buys, experience is key and he’s currently looking for the best manufacturer)
The deck, as you may have seen, has already been chosen. @michichopf, who is an experienced downhiller, agrees with the choice of the Jet 33" Potato. He actually bought one for the prototype to try it personally and he was surprised by its capabilities. I’ll try to keep you updated when we get any news :smiley:

I indeed enjoyed the deck!

The deck:

It was obvious to us that we wanted a quality product that is well tested and holds up great, so we didn’t even consider a blank china deck /clone. After a lenghty discussion we agreed on the Jet potate 33’’. But before we made that decision final we wanted to test the board. As soon as we had a deck in our hand we had me as a test rider firs in a freeride/downhill enviroment. Soon after that I built our first prototype with the deck and tested it for weeks. After this whole process we feel confident that the Jet potatoe is a formidable choice.

Here is why:

The speccs:

• 33"

• tub concave

• ¼” elliptical micro-drop

• fender flairs

• mini-kicktail

The Jet potato is a smaller deck, but dont let its smaller size fool you. It was designed as a freeride machine for poeple who wanted a smaller board. The concave and the micro-drop lock you in tight so you feel safe and solid while gripping tight corners or hitting that throttel to its fullest. The fender flairs lock you in further and the mini kicktail allows awesome mobility in city enviroments. You have enough responses from the board so you know where your feet are at all times with makes the ride so much more fun. Those features are perfectly tuned for a deck that will be tunred into an E-board since they are functional but still comfortable and not overwhelming. It allows for a comfortable foot placement while cruising while having the functionality during some more serious sessions. For us it is the perfect compromise between comfort and functionality, between mobility and stability it is a truely awesome deck, whitch fits our criteria perfectly.

5 Likes

6 Likes

That’s awesome

That looks gnarly…I definitely want one of these bad boys to test on the hills down here.

Hey text me sometime

Lol what do you mean?

Haha I did a build for him was just checking up

Haha…he missed me…we’re esk8 bros in the bind now…

Hi there, maybe a little bit late but, I’m living really close to nkon.nl maybe guys you need help with batteries, I can build packs or whatever. Cheers

1 Like

Hey dude, we’re all good with the batteries but thanks anyway.

1 Like

Joining this thread pretty late. I can offer to build the site. Something that can generate an order that can be sent to the proper distributor whenever one comes in. Money can also be split up to whomever, however many ways. Let me know if I can contribute in any way!

1 Like

I’d be down to participate in this. I have a small CNC and a decent-size 3D printer. Plus I can solder and do CAD work.

I was starting to put together a list of parts to build my first eSk8, but this looks like an even better option. Looking forward to seeing where this idea goes. I’d like to offer my .02 on the color though: orange/black has been overdone at this point. For me it’s automatically associated with Boosted and all the knock-offs out there. This board needs to have its own unique color scheme. I really like simple designs like the black/gray on the Blink S2. While I wouldn’t mind having a logo on the bottom, a giant colorful EBB on the top ruins the aesthetic. I liked the idea of purple wheels and bushings though!

1 Like