Complete ESK8 - Made by Builders - Looking for US builders

Just curious, did the lawyers state for those in the u.s. specifically to have some sort of Liability insurance policy? or are they suggesting that there is nothing to worry about so long as you put warning labels on everything saying the customer is using the product at their own risk?

Count me in! Im based in Southern California. Getting paid to have fun if you ask me.

I’m in the US (more specifically PNW) and would love to help build/distribute! Going to join the telegram group.

1 Like

We recommend to check the board before every ride, change the parts that wear out, use body protection and not exceed a certain speed limit. Customers sign an agreement to free us of any liability in case of damage to the person or his property.

5 Likes

Which one do you like most?

0 voters

1 Like

So at AA Torque Systems we have majority of the tools to manufacture these skateboards and provide repairs to these boards, we have a team that can assemble up to 15 a week, possibly more depending on ease of assembly. I’m more than happy to help the community with something like this, and shoot we may want to take part in the group buy to bring the prices down on the Mach 1 series as well. @lox897

@SirDiff Unfortunately one if things my lawyers advised me is that no matter if you sign a release of liability, you can still be sued, also should be mentioned we have the insurance to cover us in the case of any legal matters. I’m not saying we shouldn’t make people sign one, just won’t have much merit in Court.

Yeah obviously that thing ain’t gonna save us from legal issues, but maintenance of a vehicle is up to the buyer, like with cars. A board won’t last forever, and obviously parts need to be changed before breaking. This is one of the reasons why we’re going for the most reliable parts and we aren’t letting single builders solder anything, those are little things that could save our ass. As a first batch we’re just a group buy, which means buyers are buying parts just like a group buy, but we offer assembly too, not a company to sue yet

3 Likes

Are these gonna be the logos for sure? I really don’t like them much.

No they are not definite. What would you like more? It’s got to have EBB Proton in it.

Is that the brand name?

If you’re willing to be a builder, I think that’s an option. But I think the best option for you is to keep your business seperate from this. You want to be known for the Mach 1, not the Proton. I’m sure piggybacking on our manufacturer orders could help us both though.

Yes, EBB is the brand name (Electric Board Builders) the name of the board is the Proton. We will have other boards such as the Neutron etc

@lox897 hah mybe you could put the name up in the topic, so it gains more voting more and more views here :smiley:

I might be interested in being a builder. I’m in the bay area, California.

1 Like

Maybe in white it would look better?

We are thinking of a light gray on black, but the orange looks the nicest we believe.

1 Like

Just showing interest!! Love this idea. Hopefully I am not the only Canadian (pretty sure the map indicated I was!)

1 Like

Any updates?

We’re waiting for prototypes, we don’t want to rush this, risking to put on the market a flawed product. Soon the first full board prototype will be working, @michichopf is going to shoot promo and test videos in the next weeks, we’ll then proceed to pre-orders and after a couple of months we should have the parts in our hands. This stuff takes time, even more than single builds, and most of us is working or studying in the meantime We’ll keep you updated on our social accounts, you can find us on Facebook and Instagram (watch out, there’s already fakes of us :wink: )

5 Likes

So, in case anyone is wondering, we’re still prototyping. The members of the team who have 3d printers and CNCs are trying specifically motor mounts, and we’re arranging the pulley’s production as it’s the one that takes the longest (@Titoxd10001 has already done some group buys, experience is key and he’s currently looking for the best manufacturer)
The deck, as you may have seen, has already been chosen. @michichopf, who is an experienced downhiller, agrees with the choice of the Jet 33" Potato. He actually bought one for the prototype to try it personally and he was surprised by its capabilities. I’ll try to keep you updated when we get any news :smiley: