Community Owned Injection Molds - 36T "Abec Flywheel" Wheel Pulley

What’s the actual MOQ?

Are we talking a 1000 set group buy?

1 Like

Not sure, probably 2000, maybe about $4 or $5k needed.

Won’t be sold by enertion

That’s a really great price but I believe this will be extremely difficult to achieve unfortunately. A forum member organizing a 5k 1000 delivery group buy in a community with 500ish really active users across 50 countries?

Especially because 15mm 40t appears to be the current standard, going on recent builds. Most people are using big ol’ wheels now.

Is there flex on MOQ’s? If not I would suggest that allowing vendors to buy large stacks would be the only way this can come to any sort of real fruition.

9 Likes

4k or 5k inst much money to some people, its a lot for others… & these don’t have shelf life…

anyway… the MOQ could be much less. maybe 500… somebody needs to investigate it.

Are these molds locked into that specific manufacturer?

If other facilities could run the mold then you can get MUCH lower MOQ’s. I know protolabs (in the US) has an MOQ of 25.

I’ve been quoted prices sub 4$ at 25 parts.

3 Likes

giphy-3

8 Likes

I don’t think pressure is an issue but they definitely need to match the plastic due to temperature warping compensation in the mold.

1 Like

Good news, one of you awesome folks have decided to follow this up.

Uber cheap wheel pulleys might become a reality from this…

10 Likes

Awesome man. Glad to see your sharing old molds that you don’t need anymore. This should def help lower prices. Crazy to see how cheap they are in bulk.

2 Likes

They have a shelf-life – in that these are old technology, don’t have enough teeth, aren’t 15mm wide, aren’t metal, and don’t fit kegel cores…hence they are less valuable in 2019 than they were back in the day, and much more difficult to sell. So even though they may not spoil and become rancid sitting on a shelf, they still become less and less valuable as time passes, and eventually become unsellable inventory as current standard and practices evolve.

5 Likes

People are still trying to get rid of these from last year when you decided to get rid of your old stock. Not sure why they would sell any better now. http://www.esk8life.com/enertion-12mm-36t-pulley

2 Likes

lets bring the floppy disk back

7 Likes

Only if it has kegel core

8 Likes

I think the biggest killer is that abec11 is essentially dead on the development side. No new wheels, limited color selection, limited availability, sub-par quality.

The grass truly is greener in regards to kegel cores.

9 Likes

Chris has lot of going in personal life so I don’t blame him… He loves this industry but sometimes life bites you really hard and you have to fight back…

2 Likes

I think that there is no longer a “premium” market for these anymore, there are definitely nicer pulleys for sale now. BUT I think its definitely a good inbetweener for budget boards or even anyone just trying to save a few bucks on their build.

If you could get two pulleys with bearings for $20(or even less apparently) I think there’s for sure a market there. I think these are nicer than the cheapo universal no bearing pulleys(have fun aligning those) you can find on ebay and such. Not everyone is building $2000 boards.

Plus, I love having backup parts and at that price you could just keep an extra in your riding tool kit.

1 Like

So employ someone to make wheels. Chris isnt abec. This is a really silly statement people keep making.

5 Likes

Yes… Chris is Abec11. Abec11 is literally a one man operation in case you didn’t know. It is not because a company look big that it is actually big.

1 Like

I fully understand that is the case at the moment. I’m suggesting change and that abec is a brand now that doesn’t need Chris’ name attached to each action. ABEC doesn’t need to cease operation because Chris is going though some stuff, he’s a respected gent and I doubt anyone would mind if he let’s someone take the reigns for a bit while he sorts things out.

6 Likes