Community Owned Injection Molds - 36T "Abec Flywheel" Wheel Pulley

I’m donating two injection molds to this esk8 community

Pulley specs

• 5mm Pitch HTD belts
  • 9mm wide & 12mm Wide
  • Integrated flanged 608 bearing

Conditions of use

• Exclusively for use by community members.
  • Access via community organized group buys only.
  • Managed by Level 3 members only.
  • This offer is not intended for commercial resellers.
  • There will be a MOQ to start production.

:face_with_monocle: For more details PM me.

The design incorporates a flanged bearing & is compatible with Abec Flywheels & Wheels with Similar core pattern. Compatible only with trucks that have extended axles (need 7mm longer axle to accommodate bearing)

The mold is available now & ready to produce parts.

30 Likes

Nice Jason!

Thanks!

Despite how awesome this is, a bit sad to not see 15mm wide, but still… that’d be asking too much if they never existed to begin with. Lots of 12mm builds out there and I’m sure this will be put to good use. I hope so at least :grin: these look fresh!

6 Likes

do people actually need 15mm wide… ? Maybe on mono drive?

12mm was always uber reliable for me.

6 Likes

Realistically? Probably not. I just have gallons of 15mm belts exclusively. Now that I think about it, buying new belts is hardly an issue.

2 Likes

@onloop thanks dude thats super cool of you. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

No problemo! Hopefully it helps

8 Likes

Nice. I am looking to move away from 15mm belts to 12mm belts.

2 Likes

12mm are fine, i just wish it was 40t.

1 Like

How bad is it to use 2 thin belts on the same pulley? Say you move from 9mm to 15mm so you use a 9mm and 6mm belt

1 Like

Why tho? Just get the right belts.

3 Likes

You want to go 50 don’t you crazy horse?

1 Like

No two belts are created equal my friend. One would be too tight and the other too loose. Thinking outside the box though like it.

2 Likes

Very cool initiative. I will be on the lookout for the GB.

1 Like

I think that 15mm is actually by far the most common now. I think the belts are much easier to find/buy too.

9mm is almost nonexistent on builds now days.

5 Likes

9mm mold could easily be modified to make it 15mm wide. Probably cost about $1500 to modify the mold.

5 Likes

That’s great. I think 15mm with the bearings would be our bread and butter.

15mm pulleys would also work with 9mm and 12mm belts just fine if needed. Will also help to narrow this down to 1 part, which I think will help get a higher quantity group buy.

If we can get these down to a reasonable price they would be the go to option for a lot of builds

4 Likes

Noice initiative @onloop

2 Likes

Very cool, thanks man. Mad props @onloop

1 Like

In qty of 2000 I think just a few bucks…

I wish these were for kegel cores although I’d still be interested in grabbing a few. Will these be sold on the enertion website (au stock)