Coming Soon - Carbon Fiber Drop Through

Interesting… I still haven’t ridden mine yet. I need to put it together lol.

“giant concave potato chip” also looks like a cowboy’s hat .

speaking of carbon fibre . i noticed almost many companies are making their own . and whats all the hype about carbon fibre ?

i know its harder and lighter than steel . but when it breaks upon high impact it is rendered useless . cannot be fixed with screws & nuts , melted down , weld or bend back to original form . to me its like the strongest plastic . honestly for me i prefer wood for the decks . also honestly if i could , i would make me 200mm longboard trucks out of carbon fibre . because the heaviest item in a longboard is the trucks . complete carbon fibre 200mm trucks with dual rear motor mounts ? THAT would be a game changer .

this one says “specially engineered carbon flex” i dont know if its carbon fibre . just says “carbon flex” . aaaaaaand it says there “Out Of Stock”

http://fiikelectricskateboards.com.au/boards/electric/spine-detail

1 Like

Here’s a new update…

Here’s a few new photos of what I’m thinking about…

I plan on making a wider truck as well. Looking at perhaps 200mm with extended axles. 15mm pulleys/belts. Dual Rear 6355. Pulleys will sit on a bearing.

It will be pretty low to the ground about 3.90" from the ground on 90mm wheels.

4 Likes

mock-up is nice looking but… i dont like the sound of it. is this gonna mean if in the future we want to make a board with your stuff we have to buy your custom trucks and cant use normal calibers?

@delta_19 - Custom trucks will be the same cut out as Caliber. I was originally thinking of making it different as to not copy Caliber directly… But have been thinking of keeping it the same but if you were to purchase a new truck bracket it would be affordable around $25-$30 if I was to go a different truck hanger design.

If you want 15mm width belts, you would need the custom trucks to fit the motors.

These trucks won’t be expensive. They would be $50 for a pair.

Let me know what your suggestions or opinions are… I would be interested to know.

2 Likes

i already knew your new mount was going to fit calibers and wouldnt need a new truck, its more the pulleys that i dont like. adding the bearing means im kinda forced in to buying your trucks which makes it more of a ikea kit then a diy build.

IDK i just like the way we have been doing it for the last few years of just driving a bolt through the wheel and calling it a day.

@delta_19 - Very true… I’ll make sure to keep that in mind and not get rid of them.

well as long as the old wheel pulley stays and the new mount doesnt get in the way im happy, then i can continue to use normal calibers. you could also just make two versions of the new pulley, one with a bearing and one with out.

This is really really nice just is there’s a way for you to include a little camber to the deck will be perfect , just love the camber look.

about the pulleys with bearing I think that’s the way to go. It will reduce the torsional stress in the wheels bearing.

The 15mm wide belt it’s so much better than the 9mm. With this 15mm I can brake as hard I I want and give rides to my kid or the wife even up hill.

because the the electronics are inside the board, can’t a drop down be facilitated? It’s not like anything extra is going underneath. Additional motor space before/after the drop down would make the board clearly targeted to the electric skateboard community and for those who would like a drop-down board (for more control and comfortable ride). Is it just me or have a lot of people been wanting a drop down with enough motor space to prevent wheel bite? cheers

2 Likes

@WrinklyWink The drop is probably possible but personally I’m not too much into the drop.

@delta I think the issue that it isn’t optimal to use a 15mm belt without a bearing and without cutting away some of the truck hangar. I believe this is why the new Enertion trucks are also custom. @longhairedboy has already shown us, though, that it’s possible to chop away some of the hangar on a regular caliber truck to make it all fit.

@torqueboards I agree with @delta_19 that having both options would be great. Thanks for seeking input from us!

my ideal solution would involve an injection molded pulley bonded directly with the wheel somehow and didn’t require inserts or bearings or bolts or whathave you… maybe the pully is actually part of the wheel core… a whole new wheel would have to be designed for this. but until then, yeah. Chopped trucks.

2 Likes

@longhaired… Yes! a flywheel-style drive wheel with an integrated 15mm pulley. I guess the only drawback would be that you couldn’t replace worn urethane without getting a whole new wheel.

clones are $30/set, but good wheels are over $60/set a lot of the times. I feel like they could be made for somewhere in between there for a set, but maybe i’m just dreaming.

Something else that may be possible is a bearing free insert for flywheel clones that can be epoxied to the core maybe.

Currently there is no drop down board with an enlarged motor well and electonic enclosure. Ppl like the drop down because they dont want straps but they want to feel “secured” on their board when moving and especially braking. You might be offering a community first and perhaps a big hit. Maybe take a poll?

Now that I think about it, all it takes to increase the motor well space before the drop is to have a sort of strong aluminum plate which sits in-between the trucks and the board’s tail. Kinda like g bombs bracket but perhaps shorter and without the bend. This would let any drop-down board become an electric skateboard. can probably be cheap too.