Colorblind - Jet Spud 29 / Caliber II 50's / ABEC 11 97mm Flywheels / 30Q's

I’m running 265x12mm HTD5M belts. That’s what I usually run.

1 Like

how is that dual esc thing going? good brakes?

The breaks are not great, but they aren’t terrible. They are stronger than the throttle is. I am not running sensors yet, haven’t had time to make the cables yet. I have heard that will make a huge difference. Ill let you know.

sensors completely changed my ride when i set them up yesturday… trying to describe what they did though… no clue using focbox

Did you connect to the eBay BMS? Do a search for hall sensors, you’ll figure it out quick.

From the eBay seller…

I have verified. Fully charged the remote and board, ran the board down to 30% and then fully charged the remote, Shows only 1 light, then fully charged the board and it shows 3 lights.

The only 2 things I would improve, in the short term, is the remote and breaks. I would use a slightly larger remote with more travel on the throttle control (like the Benchwheel remote) and make the breaks a little less aggressive.

1 Like

How’s the eBay esc holding up?

@ATLesk8 can tell u

Fine so far.b I haven’t pushed it to hard, been wet around here. I’m hoping to get a decent rude this weekend.

1 Like

Ok, let me know how it goes. Nice build btw

1 Like

who made your enclosure and how did you mount it to the board? did you make a gasket?

@Psychotiller made the enclosure, I did not use a gasket as I need to take it back off and do some reforming for the front wheel wells.

The ebay esc is holding up well for me…I’ve ridden it well beyond 20mph with a 10s3p space cell and dexters hubs. Oh i say it’s almost required to add a heat sink if its hot…i covered the back of mine with little heatsinks.

2 Likes

Interesting ESC. Both my Acton Blink S2 and Meepo have the same ESC. Both running on 10s2p packs.

1 Like

Its like the Chinese vesc. some variation of the taotao esc from hoverboards… same batteries/chargers too.

Anymore news on the esc?

It’s still going strong, I haven’t ridden much but no issues. I’m not crazy about the brakes.

Do you think it has regenerative braking? I saw that the meepo board has the same esc as this one and they claim it has regenerative braking.

no idea, haven’t really checked. I can this weekend.

1 Like

I have tested this yesterday. Rode of a bridge with 2 leds on the remote left, while braking the 3th led went on so I think the esc has regenerative braking :ok_hand:

1 Like