College Beater Board

Well I tried to hop on the wood insert bandwagon… I guess Skatan and Home Depot didn’t like me last night because the first two inserts I tried broke when I grabbed them out of the bag… image ! So… I ended up drilling, my least favorite part of esk8. It didn’t turn out too bad, and since my wheels are blue on the back and black in the front I actually managed to do the same with the locknuts of the enclosure (kind of proud of that). image image image

image image image image image image image

Board is finished! It’s by far the lightest I’ve ever built, just one 6S1P 4500mah battery and no BMS, Torqueboards 12S Controller and 6350 motor. It doesn’t go fast, but it climbs medium hills and it’s super easy to stop and unplug the key in a second when I need to. Also the voltage meter I ordered was smaller and brighter than I expected, the pictures reflect that. I’m using an old VGA port adapter for balance charging that I bought from Miamielectric quite a while ago. Also the battery revived itself back to health, all cells within 0.05 volts (which makes me happy!!)

5 Likes

Awesome. :sunglasses: Quite simple and neat build. Not everything needs to be a rocket ship with 50 mile range.

1 Like

Can this be called spam if it’s on my own threads? Sorry - I just really want to win.

Like the post so I can win :joy:

1 Like

Reviving this a bit… I’ll be using this for the next two weeks in a San Francisco commute, so I’ve hooked it up to be able to run on external batteries. I’ve limited the system at 50 Amps to be safe with the 5ft cable on 10 gauge. The plan now is to use some of those 10s2p blocks from the EMTB in a backpack for extra power. Anyone totally against this for a reason other than safety concerns if I fall? https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu4QEx5nflr/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=191cxlp233b4k

2 Likes

Is there any concern of the backpack battery disconnecting during riding? Not sure what would happen to the other electronics of the pack, let alone you :o

Maybe those black xt90 s that have almost no chance of coming free from one another? Or just a bit of electrical tape :rofl: