CLOSING TONIGHT 01/16/19 Maytech r2 style remote sample/tester buy (including mtvesc6.6, dyno brake and motors)

SAMPLE/TESTER BUY

With the Colorado event around the corner and new products being released from Maytech we would like to try and get as many units out in the hands of the intended market for real hands-on testing. Maytech is not a new company and has many products on the market used widely today in our builds. From remotes to controllers to motors Maytech has done it all. So we are not as apprehensive of their new products as most new companies bringing things to the market. Quality has always been a necessity of ours along with affordability.

With all that said, We would like to invite the esk8 community to take part in what we think is the best way to get real (NEW) product reviews.

SAMPLE/TESTER BUYS

Basically, Maytech offers us a discount on new products at small order numbers. We see an opportunity to help get the products in the hands of the intended, instead of a quick profit. What we can do is pass this savings on to the buyer with the intent on offering his or her opinion on the quality, durability, and reliability of the product. The buyer gets a remote, esc, or motor at slightly above cost price and we get real feedback that isn’t tainted by possible lost sales. The community, Hyper ion, and Maytech all benefits from this. the individuals who participate get a product at a well below retail price, we get a real indication of product performance and demand in the future, Maytech sells products and has a real source of information on their products in real application use, not just the bench.

THE R2 STYLE REMOTE DESIGNED FOR ESK8 AND SURF SAMPLE PRICE $145 includes shipping

THE MTVESC6.6 200A ESC W/Aluminium case SAMPLE PRICE $160 EACH shipping included for USA, INTERNATIONAL WILL BE ADDITIONAL COST

RHEOSTATIC BRAKE module SAMPLE PRICE $30

Battery: <=12s Operation voltage: 57V Startup time: 200ms Max current: 5A Function: when brake reverse voltage is higher than operation voltage, Rheostatic Brake starts working and reduces the reverse voltage to protect ESCs.

AND A LATE ADDITION ANTI -SPARK SWITCH $FREE TO TESTER 200A60V

OK, INSTRUCTIONS: NO SIGNUP SHEET

PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR REQUEST. PM TITLE (TESTER REQUEST) INCLUDE YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN SEND YOU A INVOICE, ONCE I HAVE YOUR PM REQUEST I WILL CREATE AN INVOICE WITH THE CORRECT FEES TO APPLY. WE ALL LIKE USING PAYPAL BECAUSE OF THE BUYER/SELLER PROTECTION. AND THAT IS FINE, WE JUST DONT WANT TO EAT THE COST WHEN ALL ADDITIONAL $ GOES TO COVER SHIPPING, RETURNS IF NEEDED AND REPLACEMENTS. WE DO OUR BEST TO KEEP COST DOWN WHILE WE OFFER SAMPLE FOR TESTING.

9 Likes

I’m pretty damn excited about the 6880 motors! I’ll do a hill climb test asap! Wanna see how hot they’ll get on a 21% grade :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s totally the first thing I want to do. There’s one big ass Hill in my town and I want to see how fast I can go up it

1 Like

just remember to adjust your settings accordingly. if you have been running a smaller motor at lower amps,etc

how long do we have to jump in on this? I’m interested in the dyno brake.

by the 15th , next Thursday we will finalize

alright I think I’ve got the budget to add that onto my first build. I’m up for added fail safes Just to get abit of clarification since these aren’t officially released yet, The Dyno break is placed in line between the motors and the vesc? would you need one dyno break per motor/vesc?

Excellent Question, being that there are only two leads (+/-) coming from the unit it would suggest it’s between battery and ESC, for it to go on phase it should be 3. I have sent an email requesting installation instructions, i should have an answer shortly

2 Likes

Thanks Cory, I always interested :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Just wondering how it would be connected if i have a discharge BMS on my build setup

How do you set the operating voltage for rheostatic brake module? Right now it’s 12s how do I make it 10s?

I should have a good rundown of how and why tonight, it would have to be preset, so one for 10s and one for 12s or self-detecting

2 Likes

By dynobrake you mean the rheostatic brake? Well it will be connected to the input of the ESC.

It just senses when the voltage there is higher than the battery Max voltage and then activates the brake.

1 Like

that was my understanding as well, but meant to bleed power off during hard braking, not to engage the brake. Maytech is great at making things and bad at offering information. I will have some clear info shortly

6 Likes

The Rheostatic brake is connected to the battery in parallel (red cable to BATT+, black cable to BATT-). It doesn’t need to adjust parameters. Its operation voltage is set to 57V, which is designed for VESC controllers. So, when braking and the motors are generating power that is being feedback through the esc to the battery (that can cause spikes in volts and amps in the battery) that is then pushed back to the esc because the battery is full and trip set limits or cause damage to the esc. because its preset limit is 57v it is meant to protect the esc and don’t need to be adjusted according to your battery or if your duel/single.

7 Likes

So it’s basically a break resistor? We use something the sand on our trains. If we break regenerative but can’t charge back to the network, we just fire up the energy via a break resistor.

1 Like

Is R2 remote compatible with Flipsky 6.6?

it will work with any esc

1 Like

Does it make any sound under load**? Whining, humming, etc

The RBrake?

1 Like