CLOSING TONIGHT 01/16/19 (Group Buy) for Maytech waterproof (R2-style) Split Trigger Remote with Screen and optional wireless charging

Oh yeah that’s right this thread was about group buying another sic option for us :wink:Back to work @hyperIon1

2 Likes

Which is why I don’t have a macbook pro and haven’t bought anything apple since my watch last year or my mac mini 5 years ago, when prices were more reasonable…

Look, we have people here saying a diebiems for $100 is too much for a bms, but then they’ll spend $180 for a remote? I just think there’s more important parts of a board to spend your money on.

If they made a remote as polished and nice of a finish as an apple watch, I would pay $180 for it. This looks like a 3d printed case though with a huge line off centered at that,

It’s a prototype :expressionless:

1 Like

That is the plan… It creates more options, more uses than before, pushes innovation and drives creativity. Yes, Under the old supply and demand model its PROFIT based We look at it a bit differently because of the type of industry it is. In this industry, you must create the demand to drive the volume and the ability to bring quality products at good prices. And it up to the resellers to not price gouge… but be honest with so much low-quality stuff on the market it’s hard to sift through the shit

2 Likes

As they say, “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him use your remote” :exploding_head::joy::joy:

I’m a firm believer in proof, this is why I have brought this to the community this way. we will have 5 or more tested by individuals on the forum with no affiliation with hyper ion or maytech other than customers… if these guys say its crap than it is so

2 Likes

@hyperIon1 I just realized your company name, this is super random, but I was at Home Depot a few weeks ago buying some hardware, I had my board in the cart. This guy walks up and asks if I know the guys that own Hyper Ion. I didn’t catch his name but I’m in San Diego, CA. You guys must be doin things right!

2 Likes

and I don’t think $100 is too much for diebiems or fexibms simply because of what it does… as a custom battery builder, the information that can be collected on individual groups is a great feature and tool for the pack diagnosis during issues

1 Like

Funny, Next time you tell him, YES YOU DO! We are trying to do something different and defiantly have customers all over. This year we have tried to lay the groundwork for something bigger and better for esk8 and the technology behind it. We want to promote creativity and innovation at its finest. We are DIY driven and want to expand this aspect of the industry. A big amount of direction and support has come from the forum and the members and we will continue to listen. thx Or at least you know of us… ha

4 Likes

I know of at least on Chinese company coming out with pretty much the same thing for 100$. Soon

1 Like

Who needs a waterproof remote when almost no one drivers their boards in rain and 200$… A little bit too much lol

2 Likes

It rains heavy here. My board isn’t peppered yet. But i plan to get to that point. The full price is steep. But so is the hoyt. I like my $20 mini remote. But maybe ill like this more. I’ve been wanting a remote with data feedback since day one on esk8. Maybe this is it.

1 Like

True, this is far more for efoil than it is esk8. A water-resistant version is more cost suited. Though I do pray for those with this remote (I really do not trust maytech remotes anymore). Please take proper precautions, especially around stoplights.

Maybe the featheremote could be the one, same price ish but hopefully @StefanMe did a good job making them reliable and user friendly

3 Likes

Is the hall sensor throttle the same as the Firefly?

Not sure. There might be a custom curve applied to it but yeah it operates on hall sensors

I might have to back out of my spot on the testing list. Butting heads with my work about getting my medical leave pay.

1 Like

Not exaclty but quite the same… its much more smooth because of two 8mm bearings inside.

@totalgeek9224 i ll send out the first batch on wednesday… if the feedback is good, i ll start another round. I did my best! Hope everything is just as expacted!

2 Likes

Yeah I know! I’ve kept up with your progress and I know the time you’ve put into it. That’s why I’m comfortable enough to recommend people to check you out. Hard work always pays off, and in this instance, for someone who doesn’t want such a design of split throttle and brakes, but s more traditional ‘boosted’ remote with telemetry, yourself seems like the way to go

1 Like

Anybody had a chance to use this waterproof remote?