CLOSING TONIGHT 01/16/19 (Group Buy) for Maytech waterproof (R2-style) Split Trigger Remote with Screen and optional wireless charging

I’m still very new to outrunners so I wouldn’t know yet what to suggest. My first build with them are unsealed 6374 190kv maytech and I really like the way they look.

Have yet to find out how reliable they are. Accidentally got into wet weather with them today for a solid 30 minutes and they still work great.

Anyway back to the remotes for this thread I’d say or change the title or split it for this next combo order

2 Likes

a little water in the motor will not kill them, letting them stay wet will. As long as you dry them out its fine.

How much for sealed 1674s?

Updates for Maytech waterproof remote: If connect receiver to BATT+, the screen can show 3-14s battery power. Customer can adjust “2. Batt” (3.2V/S or 3.7V/S) and “3. Batt. Num” (1-14s) accoding to their battery. And because the battery voltage indicator has 10% tolerance. So it’s better to set batt number 1S less than actual battery S. (For example, if your battery is 3.7V, 6S, it’s better to set remote Batt.Num to 5.)

9 Likes

Maytech in the house? Welcome @EileenMaytech

8 Likes

Yes, Please, My brothers, BE KIND AND PATIENT WITH QUESTIONS AND RESPONSES, especially if something is misunderstood or requested information readily available…

BIG WELCOME from @hyperIon1 @hyperion2

7 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Its great to see a company like maytech joining and acknowledging esk8. Its says alot about 2019. Gonna be a big year for esk8. Maytech or bust.

4 Likes

Welcome Eileen. Great to see you here.

4 Likes

The ARC200 is a bit small for the Jet 64. Guys are blowing up 400A ESC’s on it. Here are some jet units that can use very cheap components and seem to be great quality: https://www.youtube.com/user/PLANEWRONG/videos

Freefly have also been kind enough to give me an ARC200 to test on my Efoil so I will soon have results on how in handles for that use, but I wont spam this thread with that info.

1 Like

@mmaner, I don’t see you on the order sheet for the remote? Did you still want one this closes tonight

@hyperIon1 Any more info on the Rheostatic Brake?

Any details on how to set it up, and what it does when voltage exceeds the vesc limit?

If this would allow us to crank up the brake force without harming the battery it would be awesome.

I’m just too clueless to know what’s in the box.

1 Like

The main Function of the unit is to prevent the voltage exceeding the escs limits. And after speaking with Benjamin about it, the unit would work in a time that volts being regenerated back through the esc to the battery. With that and your BMS (direct discharge), the two would manage any overage in charge spike and capacity. So if you were hard braking and the volts coming back through the esc exceeded 57v the brake would engage, if an overcharge limit is reached in the pack the bms overcharge function will engage and bleed off excess

1 Like

Pretty excited to try that Remote!!!

2 Likes

I will double check with Ben, but I think this scenario will be affected if you have a bms with preset cutoffs. One of the reasons we have gone direct discharge.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind one, but I am based in the UK so not too sure how that would affect things?

ill update once it arrives image

2 Likes

Any updates on them R2’s?

Yes, We just got all shipments inventoried and the remotes are not with this shipment. I emailed the rep and they will be sent out shortly, they had to deal with an issue with the remote case mold. She said it’s been resolved and they will ship out within a week. Everything else is in MT6.6, 6880. R brake and switches. We will start ship out to customers starting Monday.
the only thing missing are the remotes

7 Likes

Awwwww crud…:confounded: At least they’ll come in good to go out the box unlike them flatland gloves…

1 Like