[closed] $50 - Surf Rodz RKP Press fit mount. 200mm 😎

I am trying to get the Bergmeister Wheels and their pulleys to work. Link to Pulley here: https://haggyboard.com/collections/drive-gears/products/60t-bergmeister-all-terrain-drive-gear-belt-combo-kit

Since their pulleys holds a bearing, it creates some alignment issues with the motor pulley and idlers (not in picture) thus the spacers.

I am hoping with 4 contact points and crossbars the mount would be strong enough with this janky setup.

The pulleys were also too big for marc88’s motor mounts so I am putting a custom order in to get a longer version.

1 Like

Will these work with fatboy pulleys? They have a bearing in them.

Will they have the same width between the mounts as with the janux mount?

4 Likes

Hey @sayekim, It will work with fatboy 36t or larger, not sure about 32t would need to double check. The distance between the plates is 168mm. I dont know what the distance is on those januax is?

Is that possible to order without mounting hole?

2 Likes

@XTLA i think so, just a little more complicated manage. I can ask them to not do the last few steps to do the holes. My original plan with the first round was to have an option for other or no hole options for people who want to make their own motor plates or a different plates. But everyone wanted marc88 plate holes. Its not hard to drill your own holes and tap them.

1 Like

Let me know if no holes are possible, i’m in for a set.

2 Likes

Are the holes threaded already? Your picture made me think not.

Okay I signed up in the sheet. Am I the first one? Is that right?

I also had to download the sheet app from google just to edit it. Will probably never use it again or will always use it.

Will be threaded

Hit up @psychotiller. He has a press fit mount for the 176mm hanger that works perfectly. There might be quite a few riders out there with 176mm hangers because of the SR Fall Specials (that they are still offering BTW).

1 Like

@lrdesigns Thanks so much! These fit up perfectly.

IMG_20190123_180609 IMG_20190123_180639

6 Likes

These Hoyt parts tho.

1 Like

They sure are perdy. I’m almost gonna feel bad thrashing everything to hell over the next few months.

Running Hoyt motors for at least 4-5 months now, still looking good!

6 Likes

Print out the sr press fit mount to test with my own mount, not the final design, just want to check the clearance for now. image

8 Likes

hey guys - just a warn. Today i was press-fitting the adaptor do the SR hangar (bullet 3 on installation guide). I overtighned the axle (as it was still missing 1mm to go in) and end up damaging the hanger inner threads and the axle .

More info on: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/info-surf-rodz-spacers-axles-bearings/68341/179

@lrdesigns - I think you should update the installation guide, so people don’t use the axle to press-fit.

The adaptor is great by-the-way, i just posting this so people don’t end-up doing the same thing as i did.

Using the axles to press fit the adapter is fine as long as you don’t try to get rid of that tiny gap between the adapter and the hangar. AFAIK neither me nor @Winfly nor @sofu were able to close that gap using the axle to press it in.

1 Like

Yeah, I even went at it with a rubber mallet and damaged my table… so I think that gap is here to stay

thanks for the info @sofu and @jasonbhuynh - i was really trying to close the gap :frowning:

Well - at least got lucky…today specials…99usd + free shipping

1650c590bf7f5e2635b098eb35de7aa80bf07c9b_2_486x1000

2 Likes