[closed] $50 - Surf Rodz RKP Press fit mount. 200mm 😎

Or your typical @b264 monday 29 mph side road cardboard hurdle contest!

1 Like

@lrdesigns It’s so tight, there’s still a gap. I don’t think mine are going in any futher. IMG_20190114_191319

There is a small chamfer on the surfrodz and on my mount so all the way on will have visually about 1mm gap on the inside edges.

So I think you got it all the way in.

The mount is tight anyway so I would not worry about it. Just maybe check the tightness of your axles after a the first few rides incase it works its way up the hanger any.

The other thing to check is put your axle all the way in with no spacers, measure the unused part of the axle, then your spacers for compressing need to be at least 5mm longer to prevent the axel bottoming out in the hanger while compressing the mount on.

Yeah I made sure the axle didn’t bottom out when I torques the pressfit adapter in. I don’t think it will move anywhere so I’m fine with how it is right now.

Can you share a few more pics of your setup on here, I think it looks really cool with the black motor plates and 6880 motors you got.

Oh and anyone else who got theirs mounted up already please share some pics. :pray: :ok_hand:

Idlers not on yet but I just saw Marc’s new raw metal ones. I’m gonna get some and complete the raw aluminium, black and red anodized look.

IMG_20190114_191605_Burst05 IMG_20190114_191545 IMG_20190114_191525

8 Likes

Did you have to custom make those support bars? There should be 168mm between the motor plates. If your plates are parallel and 168mm between them, then the mounts must be fully seated.

Man that setup looks so sturdy, should be super reliable.

What is the center to center distance on these motor plates?

@marcmt88 offered me 168mm crossbar when I asked him about getting the mounts without the clamps. Seems like he knew / someone else already asked for them. Center to center I’m not sure.

A couple pics for you @lrdesigns

IMG_5026 IMG_5029 IMG_5031 IMG_5028

8 Likes

I got one extra set I was saving for myself. But since I will most likely do a second batch of these in the future I’m willing to offload this set right now. If interested send me a PM.

IMG_2074 … … SOLD!! Sorry other dudes and dude’ets, if your interested in me doing a second batch like this post. Once there is enough interest I will open a new thread for round two.

8 Likes

Will you ever make a version for 176mm hangars?

If I had some 176mm hangers I could design one. Then the second issue is getting enough people together, but it seems not that popular a size for esk8.

1 Like

Thanks all good, I didn’t realise I was being patriotic until I lashed this together!image

I know everything is assembled wrong btw!

4 Likes

Please put me on the inquiry list!

Hey @lrdesigns if you plan to do another run I’d be down. I like the press fit option for Surf Rodz and I’ve been planning to get a set.

@lrdesigns

I’ve sent you a pm

tis beautiful

1 Like

Received and installed. Solid, no wobble at all. Now trying to get the rest of the pieces to work together image

4 Likes

Ok peeps, I will open up a new round, just made a google sheet.

Going for 10 set minimum this time, once we get that many on the list paid I can get the factory to start 20 sets. Already seems to be about 5 guys interested.

I made a google sheet for sign up. And will create a new group buy thread shortly.

1 Like

@ixf Interesting the spacers you used. Are those pulley from marc88? What length axle do you have?

Nice adjustable base plates!