[closed] $50 - Surf Rodz RKP Press fit mount. 200mm šŸ˜Ž

Ok I thought there was a problem with covering the grub screw but then remembered @mmaner suggested to use loctite instead. Overall good quality and precision is on point. It feels tight before fully pressed in.

9.5 / 10 score. Only thing it can improve is anodized part and offers maybe 1 more different diameter hole pattern for other mounts.

100% recommend!!!

15461256284226867373095996917691 Not fully pressed in. 15461260490254977625349868731291

4 Likes

Yeah, that grub screen is a hanger killer unless your axles have the over milled slot, Iā€™ve only ever seen that on SR specific axles.

3 Likes

So the grub doesnā€™t matter

If you use loktite and let it cure properly your all good.

3 Likes

Sweet what lock tight I guess the strongestā€¦ green or red is okayā€¦ I figured the grub is what held it from the forward and braking back forth agressive would slowly loosen the truck axelā€¦ I always had to tighten mine once or twice a year with out motorsā€¦ but I never used red or green always blue. Cheers this just opened up bunch of options for precision trucks

I just use blue loctite for the most parts. My bludgeon build has 25mm belts and pulleys with dual 6374s so I used red on it.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve used Caliber and Paris precision trucks, They cost twice as much (or more) than Surf Rodz and I like Surf Rodz more, a lot more. SR TKPā€™s are way more precise in the lean and SR RKPā€™s are more stable at speed. Honestly, SR trucks are about the cheapest precision trucks available, for esk8 they are arguably the bestā€¦so a good combo for us.

5 Likes

Ive Tryed the rkp it was very surfy for me. But I do have my eyes on a set of tkp grindz very soon Iā€™ve always wanted to try themā€¦thank you for the help

My absolute favorite trucks ever, you will love them.

Do you know what size axel for the tkp10 mm I would need to mount a kegel bearing integrated pully for some akasha 76mm

1 Like

I dont know exactly, but I would suggest you get at least 80mm axles and get some extra spacers

1 Like

Ok. thank you cheerā€™s

1 Like

no worries brudda, yell if you need an assist.

2 Likes

How do you get it open if you use red loctite? do you just heat up the entire bolt with a butane torch or something? Or just elbow grease lol?

Where do I get 10mm bearing. Forgot to add it to my SR order.

I use a hot air gun in the axle, make sure everything is right before you out the loctite on tho.

2 Likes

Iā€™d get the Fast Eddies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x22x6-Rubber-Sealed-Bearing-6900-2RS-10-Units/142101569350?hash=item2115e9df46

3 Likes

Guys I have been awal due to Xmas activities, not been near a computer in ages. Sorry, will send everyone their tracking numbers today.

Also didnā€™t expect anyone to get them already and have not made the installation guide yet.

The main points are,

• remove the grub screw. I filled the hole with hot glue to prevent water entry.
  • the dot on the back of the mount goes on the grub screw side. Itā€™s easy to install the wrong way if you donā€™t check.
  • add just a little grease to the hanger if you want them to come off easier in the future.
  • press on with axel and a bunch of spacers.
3 Likes

Ohhhh thatā€™s what the dot is for. Nice.

Green is stronger iirc If you use that stuff you will need heat to remove the axle which may be a bit of a pain and cause marring of the hanger etc

1 Like