today I recieves the package, looks good, thx

1 Like

Post some pics curious to how they look

interested in second run

Can you post images of the battery?

@NAF @Plumb77

4 Likes

Looks nice

Would be nice if someone could open up that charger to see if one could change the output voltage to 41V.

1 Like

I examined the charger by opening it and checking the components: they used original mosfets and the overall quality is good; plus it has full aluminum case and a fan so it shouldn t have overheating problems. This is a picure of the inside:

2 Likes

Top left part. Diode not mounted on the PCB with stripped leads, but in the air instead? Geez. Nice to see they used THT components tho. Not that common nowdays as it’s more expensive than SMD, but much easier to repair!

And if it does have overheating problems you could drill more holes and add a external PC fan to it

(maybe its a stupid question but I am not an expert and I want to learn) I didnt quite understand why a diode should be mounted with stripping leads? What problems does this assembly choice bring?

is there also a Pot in there that allows changing the output voltage?

It’s supposed the be mounted on the PCB.

Imagine multiple components mounted like this, it would be a mess and something would definitely go wrong! Also, the solder that is holding it in place is under strain, similar to leverage force and may eventually break under vibrations / impact. All of that may result into broken / bent leads that can touch other stuff and short something out ( or just stop working ). If it’s sitting in your house, it probably won’t ever happen, but this is just not the way components are supposed to be mounted. And after all, it’s much easier to solder it the “correct” way, I don’t really understand why they did it this way. Maybe they used shitty diode that produces lot of heat and needs to be in the main airflow path? I don’t know.

1 Like

Thanks @IDVert3X for the explanation.

Love this place. Learning something new everyday. :nerd:

Yep, I think everyone should share knowledge wherever possible. And if you don’t know something, just ask!

I’ve learned everything I know somewhere on the web, you just need to know what to search for and have enough motivation. This way, I learned how to code in many languages, advanced electrical engineering and other cool things. I don’t have a formal knowledge, I know I can learn things myself better than the middle or high school can ever teach me ( schools really do suck in my country ). Now, I’m 17, I’m working as a programmer, making lots of electronics crap and trying to share my knowledge so other people can learn the way I learned.

1 Like

@IDVert3X Dang, I feel so old. When I was your age, the internet was still in diapers. Lol. Great job teaching yourself those important skills though. This really is the most amazing time in history for accessing and sharing info and knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed answer! I believe there was a good reason to leave it lifted by a centimeter. Only few tests will tell if this is an actual disadvantage. Please give me few days to open one up and stress this component.

Nope. I guess you can change the voltage just by changing the coil (the thing with 42v label on it). Maybe if we reach a decent number of orders, the company will be happy to make a custom modification to the charger.

Is there a tracking number on the shipment? I haven’t received mine yet

I just pm d it to you.