“City Slicker” Lacroix Deck and enclosure / 10s6p charge only / Dual FOCBOXes / Surfrodz Trucks/ PSYCHOTILLER 200kv Powerplants/ 18(40) on @MoeStooge Street wheels

Damn Tim that clear glass frit is the absolute bomb on that deck. Put it on the wall. Don’t step on it. Or go LHB style and barefoot.
Keep it to 35mph with all the torque in the world because seriously plus 40 is great to have but every time I do it I say a silent hail mary when I get off still alive. Not necessary at all. Still in awe of this fantastic machine.

The cookie cutter builder.

1 Like

You’re running 2 Focbox’s? Yeah? How’s your vesc temps going with those settings??? Are you reaching those settings during a ride? I ask as I’ve got my Focbox’s set much more conservatively. And am already nearly hitting temp limit and reaching all my maximum settings. I’m on pneumatics and have it geared very tall though.

3 Likes

@Sender has a pretty big aluminum heatsink in the base of the enclosure that the FocBoxes sit on. That and the gearing he uses probably works for the lower temp. Although his gearing is pretty aggressive for thane.

Get a piece of 3/8 aluminum and use me screws and thermal tape to secure the FocBoxes to the aluminum and you’ll see a drop in Temp. Not sure how much but it’s likely significant.

1 Like

I feel that statement in my bones. My high speed is 42mph, and I still pee a little thinking about it. Leathers, gotta get some before I do that again.

5 Likes

I do it all the time Mike. You get used to it. Same reason I don’t buy sports bikes anymore. Sooner or later you’re grabbing a handful of throttle and shouting at it to go faster.

4 Likes

Like @mmaner said, that big aluminum plate helps with heat a lot.

Like, it makes a huge difference in running settings this high…

6 Likes

Hi @mmaner what is viuny???

Vinyl, when I’m drink or tired or sleepy :grinning:

2 Likes

:joy: thx, but I still don’t understand… how and where does vinyl help??

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know. Just mean his gearing and heatsink combine for a lower temp.

2 Likes

20190204_213320

Tragedy struck.

Or dumb duck friends more accurately.

Not to fear though. All will be made better.

15 Likes

Lacroix%202 IMG_4607 Lacroix%20 IMG_4604 IMG_4605 IMG_4606 IMG_4608 IMG_4609

I will do a full autopsy post.

14 Likes

:sob: I can’t see it

1 Like

When you first told me about this I thought a car had hit it not it hit a car. Was worried your adjustable baseplates were toast.

2 Likes

Nah they should be fine? I mean we will see.

1 Like

Alright guys I lied.

What really happened is @mmaner’s mom stood on the deck.

Snap.

16 Likes

Well you have been saying for quite some time now you regret not going 12s. Guess this gives you reason to do full rebuild. Maybe a full skin job this time around?

2 Likes

:sob: still crying every time I see it …

I dunno if I can do full skin on it. I am on @mmaner’s deck as it is a second.

I like the Lacroixs too much … especially the new ones that have a cool little detail about the DIY kits…

fullsizeoutput_9c91

“Autobiography”

So dope. Sorry @arch if I wasn’t suppose to share the pic, it is just so damn pretty!

I will do some different color glass frit in this one though.

And it will be 12s6p pr 13s6p.

We shall see what fits, I already have BMSs for both, so either way.

14 Likes

You can’t skin that even though I’m all about your skinning has been pretty sweet.but that deck is just to classy to touch .if anything id say some teak wood in the center and a nice dark stain Screenshot_20180920-195201 Something like this … another set of Montreal boys zenit boards

4 Likes