“City Slicker” Lacroix Deck and enclosure / 10s6p charge only / Dual FOCBOXes / Surfrodz Trucks/ PSYCHOTILLER 200kv Powerplants/ 18(40) on @MoeStooge Street wheels

OMG WHY WHY …THAT IS SWEET DUDE…I wanted one of these decks before and was gonna do the Trumpa with gear drives but then i seen the price…OMG thats is nasty.699 USD…but they are CANADIANS like me how can you charge USD doesn’t make sense to me so I said fuck it… I didn’t get on the group buy didn’t really know of it …so I have been also thinking of building a deck as there is a deck building school here in Toronto. Thinking something like copy the Evo falcon with twin 30 degree and a built in enclosure like the haya or routed out for a slimmer case like hummie and routed like white pony does …anyways looking for a smaller MTB style or like the atb urban or jacked up street Carver but I don’t like a springy boards then I was looking at the moonshine elixer maybe do a mounting set up on the kicks…what do think of that…maybe a tryer outter but that is a pricey deck to fuck up if it sucks the big one…but now sender I see this and I think you just sold me on the AWD torquedrive LaCroix is now on dude… I can choose from 90 mm up to 150 mm I was told what do you think of those ideas boys …been tripping all summer on it …that is alot of coin for a deck but it sure is sweet as fuck …should I try to build a Evo atb for half the price or just fuckn say cest ce fuck and get er done with the lacroix … you two guy are gonna make me get some poutine and beaver tails sooner then I think…

Moonshine makes some reallly awesome decks, but definitely on the expensive side to just try out. The Lacroix is really great, but without the group buy price is also pretty up there.

I would go gear drive somehow over doing the AWD torque drives. Cheaper, and huns can be a bitch to work on. I think gear drive is better than direct drive, but thats just me.

6 Likes

Gear drive is is just belt replacement when it comes to construction, very easy to work on and tune. Direct drive is a total shift in construction and its not exactly user serviceable, at least not with a portable tool kit on the curb :grinning:.

6 Likes

Thanks gentlemen @Sender & @mmaner for the info you guys are great help. so a gear drive is the way to go …back to the drawing board again… cheers guys and sender this LaCroix needs that Hoyt remote to make one fuckn sexy ass kit all together dude…props to the build so cool…

3 Likes

I am changing it over as I am typing this!

3 Likes

What. Waiting for pics

4 Likes

Yeah gear drive moreso if you aren’t the type to switch gear ratios and like to brace hard because of the insane torque lol one of the reasons I went for gear drive.

@mmaner and @deckoz inspired me to go for it!

3 Likes

Gear drive is the bomb if you like to brake hard.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Lol. I also have 3 kids under 5 years old and my wife is at work today!

Its done, but one of my threaded inserts was pulling out a bit so I screwed it back in and added some jb weld (just a touch).

Waiting for it to dry to put the enclosure back on.

But I also put two layers of epoxy on another Lacroix deck for @str8_Clutch so I can add glass frit. 20181006_081332

This one has Surf rodz TKPs and adjustable baseplates! Should be fun to compare!

5 Likes

Thats great to know, nothing beats the feeling and sound of urthane on a smooth road. Plus you can slide out if needed and not worry about pumping them up or replacing. Guess ill have to try the hypas before, unfortunately, replacing the mbs trucks and pully setup( rpks are still out of stock). I do really like those superflys tho, i guess theres no way around at all using those with the mbs tho… even if i got the right bearings(and possibly spacers, risers, etc) a wheel pulley just wouldnt work with those trucks would it, no matter the pulley design… just keep thinking about the range with the DSS50 and 107mm wheels haha

20181006_181049

18 Likes

Fkng amazing @Sender!! Thats my way of thinking. Big soft PU wheels, some wide crazy ass trucks, anodized TKP adjustable base plates and a LaCroix deck rear shaved fender, no dude? :yum:

6 Likes

Hi @Deckoz i read above you’ve written about duty cycles somewhere. I’m interested, and searched but can’t find, in your write ups. Can you pls point me in the direction of where they are ?? Cheers Max

This how looks motor 130A and 60A battery at 12S :slight_smile: Y axis maximum current at X axis is duty cycle :slight_smile:

Just to see that motor current depends on battery current its 130A motor 20A bat

5 Likes

@Adstars heres a bit of duty cycle, battery current and motor current info to get your head spinning… :wink: Thankfully I’m finally getting my head around it. Sure is different terminology to the heavy industrial stuff which im used to. Max

Oh, an a sexy LaCroix

Thx @Deckoz I looked at the search but only this post came up… could your other posts have been removed or similar??? Max

Hi @Sender i noticed you mentioned using thermal tape to stick the aluminum plate to enclosure and also focboxs to aluminum plate. Can i ask what type of tape that is? Maybe a link? cheers Max

Sure thing!

https://www.amazon.com/Ceatech-Thermal-Adhesive-Heatsink-Modules/dp/B06ZY1JNJV/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542685957&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=thermal+tape&psc=1

1 Like

I have some @MoeStooge street wheels I am putting on City Slicker for a change!

20181207_165927 20181207_165916 20181207_152308

It is raining all weekend here, so time for some improvements. After I am done with the wheels, I am going to take off the hideous clear grip and add glass frit like my initial plan.

Another thing is I quickly changed the original gearing and settings for more speed. I have been running 18/40 on 107s for the last couple months. It hits about 35mph which is a great sweet spot IMO.

In order to keep that awesome torquey feel I have bumped up settings to:

Max motor. 90amps Min motor. -65 amps

Batt max. 55 amps Batt min. -20 amps

(Per Vesc obviously).

I always wish I had just done 12s6p. I could have fit that shit with a little creativity, but I opted for the easy 10s6p battery build at the time. Oh well.

This is my mellow board, even though there is nothing particularly mellow about it.

I have some dope ass upcoming builds that I can’t wait to get started on with some amazing components.

-Ollin Recurve (so excited) from @chaka -Red Ember Xapham (a beaut!) From @treenutter -Secret unannounced project :sunglasses: @chaka

Some of the cool stuff going on these is:

@Kug3lis mini gear drive @torqueboards 4x4 DD 90kv

@Hummie hubs… maybe? :pray::pray:

@moon gear drive on @psychotiller 6 shooters?!

I am also shifting to using Ollin Vescs. They are bomber. Look amazing (even in the enclosure), and they are made right here in the USA in small batches. That shit gets me excited.

Also have some builds for friends I am getting to take on which is nice. I get to play with other peoples’ money, YAY!

A friend’s wife gave a $2000 budget to build something “off roadish.” Cool thing is, I get full creative license. I already have mucho ideas!

I also want to do a smaller travel board maybe with a single Ollin drive on Ronins.

So much stuff to be psyched on! Not to mention I am hoping to get a lot more deck/enclosure skinning projects in the future to hone my skills with.

Damn, love this stuff!

22 Likes