“City Slicker” Lacroix Deck and enclosure / 10s6p charge only / Dual FOCBOXes / Surfrodz Trucks/ PSYCHOTILLER 200kv Powerplants/ 18(40) on @MoeStooge Street wheels

@Sender. Slick af. Been waiting for this thread. Cool seeing a lacroix on thane. Very unique. Also, your batteries look really secure. Impressive. You’re starting to become quite the esk8 craftsman. What’s this berch weigh in at (approx)? What color frite you planning on top? Do the alternating gold and red (my vote). And try a dab of blue loctite on the mounting bolts. Socket heads are the best imo. So tits.

3 Likes

I will have to check on the weight… but not light. That wasn’t even a consideration during the build TBH.

Big baseplates. Big Battery. Big urethane, and I use a lot of silicone, which isn’t light either.

But IDGAF!!! I hardly ever carry this thing. I can’t kill the battery! I mean, within reason. 30-35 miles.

I will keep you posted on the glass.

I did some tests on some scrappish wood with 2 different water based polyurethane. I really wasn’t impressed. Even with multiple coats, it never feels as locked in as the abuse I expect it to suffer.

I plan on using epoxy. I have done epoxy tests that turned out great, but wanted to try polyurethane as thats what many (lhb) use.

Epoxy is more expensive and not as readily available for quality stuff, but it feels better to me.

3 Likes

Reading some of @longhairedboy older posts I seem to recall he had concerns with epoxy discoloration and potential breakdown from sunlight. I’m sure some of the higher end marine epoxy would be up to the job though. Maybe call the folks at FiberGlast and see if they have any recommendations…they gave me a helpful recommendation in the past on some composite repairs for a motorcycle.

https://www.fibreglast.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrThzqd284c0T7hzw0FifNm0XQcxNWolHYTlERHThE7M_07ZkKNHzw1dBoCbWsQAvD_BwE

3 Likes

I have some finishing coats that should protect against that. Fibreglast is a great site. I have watched many of their tutorials. I feel like Chris, Steve, and I go way back.

3 Likes

That enclosure is hotness. :smiley: battery looks very detailed!

2 Likes

I use west systems 105/207 in the wire channels.

eventually after a lot of abuse it will crackle a little but it stays put and doesn’t seem to discolor.

2 Likes

super sick build! I have been wanting to build pretty much this exact board and am rather Jelly. Hey where do you live at? Would love to go for a ride. You don’t happen to live close to where I live by psycho do you? OC in SoCal?

1 Like

I wish I was out west sometimes, but I am in Birmingham, Alabama! LOL

1 Like

love this build, awesome work bro.

jansen check with @psychotiller… I hear @sender’s first build pic caused a second LaCroix Prototipo to get shipped to SoCal for Surf Rodz & Shooters treatment by Odin, himself haha :cool:

3 Likes

This makes me :slight_smile::slight_smile::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

your recipe is all-time, bud. seriously usable.

2 Likes

Matt and I have run them up to 80a

2 Likes

Cool build! You got the arduino spot welder from malectrics right? When you weld nickel to nickel what’s the pulse time set to?

1 Like

I am normally at 20 or so for nickel to nickel, but it depends on how charged the car battery is that I use

Okay thanks! How many amps is your car battery?

edit: and how strong are your nickel to nickel welds?

I get them where they are good enough to when you rip them apart, it pulls holes into the nickel instead of just popping off

2 Likes

Also, do a test on some nickel EVERY time you fire up the spot welder. I just do a couple test welds everytime and tweak the pulse time to where it needs to be. Generally between 15-25. But always remember when you go from to nickel to steel or vice versa you will probably need to readjust

2 Likes

Such a sick build, you really got me thinking about somehow putting urthanes on my lacroix complete. As cool as pnumatics are, i want to feel the road more, how is the ride still feeling? Does the angle of board with that truck setup feel weird at all on bumps or anything?

It feels incredibly stable at speeds and has this flowy carve to it. Feels amazing. It actually rolls over bumps better how the trucks are, it’s awesome.

I finally got somebody else on it. @mmaner what did you think?

1 Like

I’ve been preaching the gospel of Lacroix and SR RKPs all day :grinning:.

Seriously, it’s so smooth I can’t even describe it. It rolls over stuff like numires. You stand in the deck at a lower gravity than the base plates, this cause objects to roll under with much less impact force than if you were on top of the trucks.

Combine that with the @psychotiller motors, which are incredible, Surf Rodz Rkps that she perfectly dialed in &18/40 gears and you have a weird ass hybrid Cadillac monster truck that just works.

If @sender wasn’t so damned big and can apperantly run 25 miles an hour I might have just ridden into the sunset :grinning:.

4 Likes