Chinese Superstars

Science for the win. However, that’s not testing vibrations or lateral forces, the former of which is the big killer, but I love it!

3 Likes

The tyres from trampa are higer quality. The rim from trampa and the chinees clones looks almost the same. Only is the trampa rim real white and the Chinees a bit more yellow. The spokes are the same. Only the Chinese lose less their color when screwing.

I have now placed those rims on trampa urban carver tyres. image

7 Likes

Any MTB wheel would survive that test. The problem is dynamic loads, side thrust and material properties over time. Some plastics degrade faster than others.

White hubs: If you ad to much colour into the raw plastic, it impacts the material properties. The white titanium dioxide pigments have sharp edges and over time they will cut the GF reinforcement. Especially for the white hubs we have tried several ways to eliminate the issue of strength loss and could finally resolve it without loosing the shiny white appearance. These details make the difference.

7 Likes

Totally agree. This is just a shits a gigs thing. I tried side loading by shoving the car around (more than in the video). It wasn’t very effective. I tried drop testing on an angle for side impact load but couldn’t get the weight to impact on it consistently. I won’t be building a test rig. I am just going to ride it. It’s just on an evolve for cruising. I usually loose interest in things before they get old. Pretty cool information all the same. I like learning new things like that. Very much appreciated.

2 Likes

I ordered some, I would say it was for science but it was for a color way trampa doesn’t provide.

Hell, if they sold an HS11 clone, I’d order it and return my holypro.

1 Like

Just ride it and report after every 100 miles. People will get the confidence.

3 Likes

How much did you get them for?

With fees, shipping, and import it was like ~150 for 6 of them. Figured if they suck, I can at least use the spokes on my real superstars in my color choice.

1 Like

$150 or €150?

$150 (and more characters to make 10)

Hello, I am Yetty from Sunmate, would you like to buy the wheels? If you are interested, could you pls contact me by email: [email protected]? Coz sometimes I can not reply you on time. Thank you.:blush:

3 Likes

Hi Yetty,

Can you make a list off the wheels you sell?

1 Like

The dealer has arrived!

1 Like

Oh sorry. I made mistake.:rofl:

1 Like

Yes. Of course. How can I contact with you?

You found so fast Lol!:rofl:

You can send me a message here on the forum.

Hey yetty, May I ask what 4 pieces would cost for testing. I am asking this publicly so everyone interested then knows since there are no prices listed on the catalog.

1 Like

Hello, it is not good to make business here.:rofl: Is it possilbe to contact me personally if you want ?

Mate, give us a fixed price already… :expressionless: