Chinese Superstars

Anybody here got their hands on some samples? They seem to not bother writing back. I tried again, this time offered to order 600 pieces in case the quality is good.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-quality-5-6-7-8_60809605639.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.72.337d409bAnHjJH

Probs cos Frank just gave them an ear full over the phone for trying to sell of the design for cheaper than trampa does /s

1 Like

also no response yet :frowning:

Do you want to make a buying group?

2 Likes

We had used these wheel, and test good.

I feel dirty for clicking on the link…

1 Like

Status update, we requested 8 samples. Let’s see how good they are :thinking:

2 Likes

Is this the actual part? I have super stars, sixshooters, and evolve hubs. The super stars are for a trampa build I’ll never finish, the Evolve’s are on permanent loan to a broke buddy.

The 6shooters see aggressive riding in mid 30s daily, still solid. I know for a fact the Evolve’s hubs were starting to deform under same stress, but still ok. The trampas are good, but I hate the pulley set up.

I can’t imagine the plastic spokes are ok, are they? I’m open to science.

Sorry, I am very busy recently, so I have no time to test the quality of the wheels. The seller told me that each wheel can withstand a weight of 60kg

Well at least Chinese wheels are round… :smiley:

3 Likes

Fixed link; OMG. I don’t know how folks can do anything on mobile sites.

1 Like

You da man @b264 Aren’t donk wheels super heavy?

1 Like

Holy shite.

Thats some funny shit.

20181230_155403 Can confirm they look good so far. I purchased a set of bearing adaptors from boardbumpers. The theory being that will be a good go/no go gauge to test hub space and dimensions etc. Well there you have it. They fit perfectly. Next test will be fitting a pulley designed to fit Tampa wheel bolts. I will update. Also link supplied. Tell them that you want a set of 4 only and they will guide you through the rest. Pick some colours etc. They also asked what bearing size etc I required. But it was all getting too hard. So I told them to send out the standard item. They could make it a direct fit for evolve wheels or whatever. But board bumpers already have a cheap adaptor.

5 Likes

You could have asked it to fit 608 bearing

Yes but I think the outside distance between the bearings would be too wide.

1 Like

Also CRES bolts nylock nuts.

Unik chain sprockets fit perfectly.

1 Like

How much did they cost?

Heaps. He has a website. https://www.unikboards.com/fr/boutique/courrone-42t/

3 Likes