CHINESE BUILD: 10S3P | Maytech VESC | Maytech 6374 190kV mono drive | BOOSTED BOARD Deck | 97mm Wheels | Winning remote

@boards just received his in the mail, he seems pretty happy. Will let you know how I find it.

What enclosure will you use for the battery?hh

I have the same truck, motor mount and pulley system, the most or mount works fine, as long as you can get the ,other mount steady in the truck, which I do have to use a stand drill to fix It. The seller recommend me to weld them, weirdly the truck is aluminium while the motor mount is iron, which u can’t weld them. I wish I built mine like 6months later coz they finally have a vesc selling in taobao !!! Thy are way cheaper

1 Like

I’ll probably vacuum form 2 enclosures for the VESC and everything else

Thanks for sharing!! Very insightful. My plan is also to drill into the truck. I think 2 screws at either side should be enough to hold it in place. I’m a little worried about the overall strength of the motor mount considering the power than I’m giving it, so I’m just hoping that it will all work out fine. Are you using the standard 12T pulley that came with the kit? How are you finding it, does it slip at all? I’m upgrading to the 15T just to be safe.

Just out of curiosity, what forwarding service are you using?

I have a private agent service for my business, but there are plenty of online forwarding services that are reliable. When buying from China, as long as you don’t push the sellers/forwarding services, they can be very helpful

I do use the 12T pulley, coz i do use the motor they sale, which is 200kv. Since I want to have a larger torque, the 3:1 pulley ratio allow the kv of the motor to be a bit higher. Mine: 200/3=66.6kv Yours: 190 x 15/36 = 79.1kv

I do you somehow avoid customs and tax by ordering from agent?

Well, it’s easy to avoid import tax if that’s your goal, but it is literally tax fraud. However if you’re going with the “all my items from China are marked as a gift I don’t see why this can’t” attitude, then yeah, you could probably get away with it once or twice (provided that the seller/forwarder agrees to fake values) but I don’t exactly support it… Lol

Acyually depends on the single countries. In my country taxes are to be paid according to the commercial value (basically they open the box, search on the internet and apply the taxes to the average of the prices the have found). This holds true for any kind of shipping, no matter what you write on the package and no matter what you actually paid for the object.

When the objects are not easy to find on the web finance police will evaluate the object.

Wow that’s really interesting. I can see a lot of room for error in that… (especially if you’re snatching up bargains like on Taobao). In Ireland a huge amount of small packages get through from China, marked as ‘gifts’ with no value, because customs officers aren’t bothered to look inside lol. But with any bigger packages they want full proof of payment etc etc. Not so fun.

I forgot to mention that if the estimated value is less than 22€ you dont pay tax, so basically very light packages and letters dont undergo tax.

Btw The finance police is super well trained and know perfectly where to look for prices (they know taobao, aliexpress…). Usually their evaluation is very precise. I believe this way, although it is less precise, it is much faster than asking every single invoice.

the clone deck not flex like the real loaded deck… and heavy than the original loaded…haha i am using this clone deck too…

the website is in chinese, is there a way to change it to english without google translation services?

Thanks for clarifying. I’m guessing this clone deck is also thicker than the real thing? (hence the weight difference)

yup, is much thicker than vanguard 2-3mm. there is too much flex on the original vanguard, it is better separate two part (battery and vesc like boosted.b) compartment instead of one in the middle of the deck.

that’s the plan! Will be vacuum forming later this week.

Some updates!! Everything has arrived in, beginning the build. The VESC seems pretty solid, looking forward to trying it out. Any questions about any parts, just ask away. Having trouble lining up the wheel pulley perfectly… Any suggestions/methods that you use to go about it? Cheers!

3 Likes

You need to push in the motor mount more, If it doesn’t go all the way through, use a ruber hammer.