Cheap FOCer! (VESC compatible 4.12 redesign)

Sure. Then polished and clear coated. It’s not a complicated process I’m simply not familiar what services would do that if I sent them 100+ enclosures. I’m sure 10 mins of googling would yield something but I’m feeling lazy at the moment.

How much does the enclosures cost?

Real hammonds are $6ish USD in bulk. You can get clones for $4 or better buying 5 at a time

2 Likes

OK thats seriously cheap. I do have access to a laser cutting machine so when this takes off I can do some for fun

1 Like

Yep. That’s why I targeting the hammond style for the choice enclosure of my controllers. Cheap, effective, and you can get the gasket for them that seals out water and dust.

2 Likes

Yes, and this forum is very powerful. So I hope you get motivated and make a quality product, maybe get into esk8ing yourself

2 Likes

Are you still restricted to a certain number of replies? This thread needs to keep going.

1 Like

I think I’m ok now. I’m a trust level 1 which doesn’t advertise any reply restrictions. Before, I was level 0 which does have that limit I ran into.

1 Like

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97699&start=50

I’ve posted about my current progress in my sphere thread (see link). Sort of anti-climactic at the moment but it’s something…

Bookmarked for progress and keep up the damn fine work sir!

1 Like

I appreciate that and I’ll continue to do my best!

1 Like

If I could make some suggestions, for testers—

• only one or two in sunny California
  • at least one in each hemisphere
  • one in a hot, sunny place
  • multiple in a cold, snowy place
  • one in NYC specifically

That way you can really test the product

5 Likes

@shaman I guess I would be the right person for it (living in Russia) :wink: Also with bigger motors like 8085 I could make some tests (if they don´t break befor :sweat_smile:)

@b264 why more tester in cold conditions than in warm? Isn´t the heat production the bigger problem and wouldn´t it make more sense the other way round?

Sure. I was just throwing out some suggestions so there aren’t 17 testers, all in SoCal, and then they don’t actually work in the real world :rofl:

1 Like

Def need some in San Francisco, they got some thiccc hills to test on. Does @Hummie live there?

1 Like

I do. could it be made a cm thinner with maybe 3 shorter caps instead of the two long? Would fit a lot more boards. If ur still looking for people to try I will! Happy to solder it.

It would be nice to see a community ESC based on the VESC6 design, @fedestanco did this but in a limited release. Great advances could come out of branches of community design

This is a really nice offering to students etc looking for value builds

4 Likes

But vesc 6 is not open scource right? How would you be able to get the schematics?

The schematics and BOM are available online

3 Likes

@stewie, @fedestanco both created their own designs based on a released schematic. Flipsky and probably a couple of other vendors have gone the same

1 Like