Cheap parts almost killed me

I rebuilt my first build from 2016 and really put miles on it. Its a maple drop deck off amazon, caliber ii trucks and three homemade 10s2p batteries as well as dual vesc 4.x (dont remember what it was). I have approx 1300 miles on it and i use it to daily commute 5+ miles either way. She rides great still but today i got ambitious and tuned for speed. I normally travel at 18mph but last night i tuned up and hit about 35mph. Then the motor mounts bent. Lost tension to the belts, lost braking power, had to bail in a bush. Here are my old motor mounts that i bought vs. my new stainless steel ones i waterjetted this afternoon. Went from 5mm aluminum to beefier 6.25mm stainless steel.

5 Likes

That title was bothering me :joy::joy:

I just reread my title and yeah, it doesnt flow well lol. Im gonna retitle it to “cheap parts almost killed me.”

1 Like

Pics of bush?

6 Likes

Ill take pics of the godsend of a bush on my ride back home tonight. I will water it every other day as thanks for being there in my moment of need.

8 Likes

One time I had an unexpected failure and, long story short, I had no brakes going full speed down a one-way, the wrong way, and no way to get through traffic. Thankfully, a car parked on the side of the road parked just a tad too far from the curb. I flew between the car and the curb and was almost sure I was going to nick the curb and eat it right then and there. But, I made it through. Probably touched on both sides.

That car’s crappy parking job reminds me of your bush. #inourmomentofneed

11 Likes
8 Likes

The brand on them says it all… I actually have a set of those but i use them as a bench mount for testing. Still erks me using them.

1 Like

Best read today lol. Thank you sir

1 Like

I still kick myself for not having my go pro with me, my kid was using it at school that day :tired_face::tired_face:

5 Likes

“Best epic esk8 fail/save video ever”

We need to recreate this by Any means necessary

3 Likes

I used them just fine but i was always gentle with them. Its the first time i really gave these mounts any real work. But yeah, i have access to a fully outfitted machine shop. I should have just made something more robust to begin with. Im machining out MBS matrix mounts soon to build my mountainboard. Have two 46v 10.5ah batteries for the build and im excited. Still dont know which esc to use.

2 Likes

Invest in some @Boardnamics mounts

5 Likes

You should put this in your profile details lol.

4 Likes

Hahahah, promoting my boy!!!

4 Likes

Say I won’t

1 Like

Hence why i said put it in your details lol.

Kids these days lol

2 Likes

Look at my profile now je je

2 Likes

Ffs lol. You give a kid some knowledge and what does he do? Creates a fire and becomes a hustling esk8 promoter for @Boardnamics lol.

6 Likes