Cheap CNC Milling service?

well if you split it up into two parts like the Enertion mount it can be made in 2d instead of 2.5, some places charge extra for 2.5.

I’ve heard great things about bigbluesaw water jet cutting. with a relatively simple layout similar to Enertion’s - that would probably be cheapest/easiest.

1 Like

yep that’s where I got mine made, super cheap, really fast and came out high quality. And a lot of available materials.

i will make it simpler and get a quote from them. Thanks guys

with the holes. On my design they are threaded. If they just cut a straight hole will the screw still fit?

you’ll need to do some design changes though since bbs is waterjet, so it can only do 2d, not 2.5 or 3d

1 Like

yes but you should change it in the design to be non threaded, because the calculation tool will have issues with the threads, side holes, the slant, etc.

1 Like

Simon from Big Blue Saw here.

If you’re having trouble converting your design from the fully milled piece into something that can be done on the waterjet, you might want to check out our guide on designing for waterjet. It shows various techniques for getting around the limitations of waterjet cutting, like the stacking technique, t-nut slots, and more: http://www.bigbluesaw.com/articles-list/big-blue-saw-designing-for-waterjet.html

You may be able to get around having to side drill by using nutstrip: https://www.bigbluesaw.com/big-blue-saw-blog/general-updates/assembling-waterjet-cut-parts-with-nutstrip.html

2 Likes

Update:

3 Likes

Did you ever get this made? I’ve got a 5axis cnc mill and could easily do this part.

I am also interested

Anyone have a CNC that wants to take on a quick project? send me a PM

My school has one that I am free to use.

Can i send you some files and you let me know if its within your realm of possibility?

Whats your email

1. Remove motor mount holes that you are NOT going to use
  2. The slot channel has thin surrounding stock, prone to higher fail rates in machining.
  3. Remove the curved ramp. This requires ball end raster machining ( a lot of time because of small step over)
  4. What are your tolerances? I had one guy spec +/- 0.005 mm on high aspect ratio walls, Ridiculous tolerances can add cost.
  5. Some of your inside radii, especially at the motor plate, are really small. This requires tool changes, cost.

Your updated design is much better!

HTH,

Jeff

1 Like

@Gujustud you could make some hub-motor parts for me :smiley:

Thats roughly what i have in mind… else i might end with printed parts…

1 Like

I hoping someone can help me I’m looking to get part of of a motor mount made. Its for a torqueboards old style mount

Basically it’s to difficult to adjust belt tension and tighten the screws because they are hard to reach. And it’s a safety issue if tension is lost because motor will hit truck. So I want a motor mount plate that is compatible with TB mount but let’s me adjust tension using motor screws. I also want to change dimensions a little. Let me know if someone can help me get 2-3 made. I can ship motor mount so you can get accurate measurements.

2 Likes

It would help if you label your parts, especially if a machinist is looking at your drawing.

ORIGINAL - PART 1 - PART TWO ORIGINAL - PART 1 [top view] - PART 1 [bottom view].

Material specification:

• 6061-t6 aluminum alloy
  • 7075 aluminum alloy
  • P-20 steel
  • Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (Grade 5), Annealed

Tolerances, surface finish, surface treatments, etc. just enough to get exactly what you want, because whatever you leave out will be at the discretion of whoever makes the part for you.

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping someone would be willing to help and then we can discuss the details. Willing to pay of course

For material I was looking for 7075 aluminum 6mm thick, but 6061 also works. Preferably black but raw is good to. Do you do CNC work?

I do CNC work for a laboratory. Our machine has a small working area, roughly 100 mm square, although it can be stretched to 140 mm in the X direction. I try to keep the spindle turning above our usual 200 hours/year.

If I can “see” the part right away, has a run time of less than two hours, and is not a headache to set up, then it just might be something I would put in the machine.

I got three jobs in the queue. One will take 20+ hours, while the other two should be quick.

1 Like