Cheap chargers with customizeable end-of-charge voltage

I’d double check it with my fluke and dc clamp as well. what about this one.

Bought it - will post a review

2 Likes

What? Your PSU outputs DC voltage (which only has two wires GND and POS) that you hook up to the Drok. Can’t get simpler than that. If you don’t feel comfortable with that you should probably not start fiddling around with electricity in the first place.

1 Like

I am bad at visualizing it would be very helpful if you could post some pictures of your wiring setup thx

How could I plug this into the drok as input?

You cut the plug off

1 Like

How do you know when it is fully charged?

The charge current drops

So how do you balance all the cells? Or do you need a BMS?

I don’t balance and don’t have a BMS. This can be done with quality cells

2 Likes

I am trying to charge a 3s lipo but when I plug it in to the output my drok just turns on then off then on…

@Conor - this is going to come across a little harsh, but bear with me a sec.

STOP F&#KING WITH A DROK AND LIPOS - YOU ARE GOING TO BURN YOUR F#&KING HOUSE DOWN!

I’m not kidding. STOP. You should not do anything with bare wires or electricity that is not a store purchased power supply/charger with UL listing on it. And keep it sealed!!!

Slow down a bit, get a reputable charger and balance charge. Literally plugging a 3s lipo into anything electronic and wondering why it “just turns on then off then on…” is seriously a recipe to hurt yourself, or your house, or your entire apartment complex/neighborhood.

“News at 9 - guy caught his house on fire trying to charge an electric skateboard. Next up legislation to ban these dangerous electric skateboards from all public areas…”

Keep reading, keep learning, and keep asking questions, but you should slow down a bit until you understand how to SAFELY handle electronics with high voltage and amperage.

again - dickish - sorry, but you can truly hurt yourself or others if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing. STOP. Please.

Rob

1 Like

lol k. Anyways I figured out why it wasn’t working my power supply wasn’t set to output enough volts

What kind of power supply do you have?

12v-24v rc power supply

Actually the drok can only boost voltage. If you set your power supply to 24V the Drok is not able to reduce this to the necessary 3S voltage. Also NEVER charge a LIpo with just a Drok. Lipos are not quality cells and need to be balanced every time.

I hope your house is not already burning

I’ve recently been able to get in contact with modiary who sell the 10s 4A variable end of charge voltage chargers and the agent had confirmed it has the variable end of charge voltage feature. I will be getting a sample of 1 piece for myself and if anyone else likes I can add them to it and ship it out to you when it gets to my place. The cost would be 25USD for the charger + the shipping to me divided by number of people + whatever shipping to you is. I’ll update with what shipping to me would be soon. I want to order this within a day or two so let me know asap.

Is it the model P-200 ?

That is 10S to 17S And 0-4,5 A

Is this the one your talking about ?

This is the model https://m.alibaba.com/product/60451408649/Electric-Tool-Lithium-Battery-Charger-42V.html?subject=Electric--Tool--Lithium--Battery--Charger--42V&spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.llhotG&detailId=60451408649&redirect=1