Cheap chargers with customizeable end-of-charge voltage

well then buy one that’s rated for the highest voltage and down convert it rather than up convert. :slight_smile:

My Meanwell 48volt won’t go down more than maybe ten volts. Those two should go together but I’ve never heard of anyone doing it. I forget the details that screen will show but with those bulk chargers they don’t tell you what’s going on and that drok thing seems good for that

At whom was this directed?

Deathcookies. He wants to get down to 6s

Anybody who bought modiary willing to sell me an extra? @Randyc1

Want dont you just contact Modiary, i put contact in an earlier post .

It’s would be more efficient and more powerful at 24v or 36v going into the boost converter.

1 Like

The real question is how do you remove and surface mount the display board into a project box?

It looks to me like the LCD PCB on the regulator is just a shield. You can see a row of pins on each side. I bet you could just pull off the LCD shield and reconnect with wires

I’m new to hardware hacking and I really don’t want to undertake a project like this. Sense no one else is doing it first I guess I’ll have to take one for the team.

I’m rooting for ya. I bought one of those dc-dc converters so I can charge directly from my truck batteries. I want to put it in some sort of box so it’ll travel easier.

Keep us updated!

I’m thinking using this one

If I F it up I’m not out as much money and 10 amp’s should be plenty

this would make it easier for you to put in a box nicely: http://www.banggood.com/DP50V5A-Buck-Adjustable-DC-Power-Supply-Module-With-Integrated-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Color-Display-p-1050061.html?rmmds=category

That last one is a step-down regulator. So you have to over-supply voltage by 5-10%

1 Like

oh - didn’t realize. thanks for noticing :thumbsup:

I wanted to switch from LiPo to LiIon and therefor i have planned to use this combo since a while: Power Supply

Charger

Plan: no BMS like it should be @whitepony Just take care of enough P’s in the batteries to keep the cells evenly balanced and less drain and also keep the voltage in a healty level.

If your going to use 12 volt use a standard PC power supply cheap if not free

1 Like

A PC power supply is kinda bulky… I want it to be as small as possible and i somehow trust these newer 3d printer power supplys to deliver a decent energy. Therefore i will try this combo.

This combo could be merged with a 3d printed enclosure nicely

I’m planning on just using it for 10s-14s So a 36 volt psu is more efficient for me. I can get 4 units from China for less money than one that is already here in the states.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60528992371/Meanwell-EPP-400-36-dc-36v.html?spm=a2706.7843667.1998817009.85.g8Bb6w

I feel that I have a trust problem with cheap Chinese electronics

If you decide to make one of these, you will probably need to add a transistor to prevent backflow into the voltage regulator. When I was researching this last week, a lot of the voltage regulators required one if you are going to be charging batteries. Some even include the transistor

1 Like