Cheap chargers with customizeable end-of-charge voltage

I am currently building my own power supply using 2.2kW server power supply :slight_smile:

We’ve gone into a cc/cv discussion before and maybe I had it wrong but in my looking at lithium cell’s needs the “cc/cv” thing is misleading.

This thing above I posted, I guess dubbed a psu, does a constant voltage meaning you set it to a voltage and the current flows at a variable rate based on how high that voltage is set to compared to the pack voltage and ohm’s law I think. With this one you can have about 8 amps flowing if you set it for full voltage while connected to an empty battery and that’s far from what will damage a typical li-ion cell we use and far far from a lipo so there is no issue there and there’s a lot of info out these days showing that charging at a high rate doesn’t even damage the cycle life. Check out Tesla’s charge rate and I posted a related article last time we had this discussion.

And then on the other hand I have read that lithium doesn’t do well with trickle charging and that will damage cells, and this isn’t defined by cc/cv, but even trickle charging is vague as to what voltage or current it means. I’m open, again, to someone telling me specifically why this or any other psu are in any way less suited than another charger but my faulty memory tells me this is good and I know many people use them for bikes or boards

I totally lost track of this thread, im looking for a 41v charger, but these are not really made. Whats the latest on adjustable end of charge bricks? The DROK im currently using whines so loud i cant be in the same room while charging.

I bet the noise is coming from the fan?!

if so --> Did you try swapping the original fans with better ones? Like Noctua or so?

I search forever I never found a small charger with adjustable EOC.

So I went ahead and bought these:

58.8V/3A Cargador para las células 48V/14 Li-Ion Battery Pack, AC220V

https://m.ebay.com/itm/58-8V-3A-Charger-for-48V-14-CELLS-Li-ion-Battery-Pack-AC220V-/172995901571?txnId=1790684365007#vi__app-cvip-panel

And this:

DROK DC-DC Numerical Control Step Down Voltage Converter, 6-65V to 0-60V 8A 400W Buck Voltage Regulator Stabilizer, Constant Voltage Constant Current Power Supply with Volt Amp Dual LED Display

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MSJQAKY

I have plenty 40mm noctuas, but that’s not the issue, there’s a big coil that whines when you pull current from the dc-dc converter.

I can hear you
 Or should i say i can hear the coil :frowning: Does anybody have an idea how we can reduce the noise of the coil? Adding one in parallel (i have nö clue)

bump anyone wanna give a hint?

Do you think a DIN plug is OK to use with this 4A charger instead of the XL3 ?

Hello, i have charger like this but my charger is dead after 1 mounth. Resistor in botad is broken 
 can you help me i need to know sing of this resistor 
20181028_171455

1 Like