Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

+1 on the dickyho mounts. I use the long ones with these wheels and they are great, especially for the price

2 Likes

What do you guys mean when you say to burr the edges where the rim meets the valve stem? Does this mean you should smooth out the sharp edges on the rim at the hole for the valve stem?

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to double check before I modified my rims.

If you didnā€™t order the pulley covers from Dickyā€¦ check them out here. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3442206

I requested him to also upload the covers that are compatible with the dual motor guard

I kinda prefer the look without the pulley covers and it also means that rocks and shit canā€™t get trapped inside, increasing the risk of wrecking stuff

1 Like

Or you can always go with chainzzzzz and wreck those stones and leaves and twigs. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

How expensive in total would an upgrade like that cost?

30ā‚¬ for a dual driveā€¦ :smiley:

Does that include both sprockets or whatever theyā€™re called?

2 motor sprockets, 2 chains, chain links, 2 wheel sprockets. You still need a chain tool, which might run you up to 15ā‚¬, but if you can get a used one it might even be free. Thatā€™s pretty much all you need. I will design an adapter plate in coming days to make sprockets mountable.

Also only downside is the need to get flat plate sprockets and machine (drill press) them (center hole and attachment holes).

6 Likes

got any picture of your complete setup with the chains :slight_smile:

1 Like

It stopped here. It will come when my build solidifies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check these out.

2 Likes

Just bought a spare tube an wanted to show you guys the difference.IMG_20190405_084652

The spare is a 6x1/4 and fits well. Has nice thread and the stem looks better. Cost was 7ā‚¬.

1 Like

Do you have a photo with it fitted? Stem seems to be too long. Also tube seems to be too thin for this. Please try to assemble and preferably ride it, for science. :smiley:

Will do. Just made a picture before uni. Have to mill a mount first to actually really ride them with motor.

What did you mean with thin? The wall thickness or the general width of the tube

General thickness. Seems to be 1 inch tubes, the originals are 2 inch. I have the exact same ones locally for similar price, but I remember they looked too flimsy to even look usable. The idea is, they will stretch same ā€œwall thicknessā€ way more than the initial 2 inch tube making the inflated tube walls thinner and more prone to becoming flat from anything sharp or instant impact.

Also unsure about the valve stem being better. Less rubber is holding it, not sure about max pressure.

1 Like

Yeah Not so sure about the general thickness. They looked the same to me. And I like that stem more because my original lost air because the hole in the hub nicked the rubber on the stem. Canā€™t happen with this one. And I like the thread at the base. Makes it possible to fix it into place and not have it loose.