Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

See if you can find the extended axle original caliber trucks in EU. That will work if you use 2X6355 motors. For 2X6374 motors you need TB218.

You can definitely take a hacksaw the cut the hangar a little bit. Just measure the wheels from outside of one bearing to outside of the other and decide how much of the hangar you might want to remove.

Which adapter did you print, do you have a pic? I updated the design to improve strength and bolt head clearance.

1 Like

@willumpie82 To me the wobble is totally coming from the motion of the trucks. Probably because you are hitting the natural frequency of your trucks at certain speed. It’s absolutely not an issue.

Cut of some hangar is sure one of the solution. I already think about that option. But I have another one. Cut of some axle and cut new thread. Axle is 8mm so i can cut m8 thread on it. If I leave 10mm of axle and make new spacer with outh diameter of 10mm and m8 hole I can screw wheel with m8 bolt on axle…I have to take some time to figure it out. One is for shure I dont want to pay extra 100€ for trucks. I printed this adapter.

Ah okay, this is for the 3D printed bearing( I use this setup too). In my previous post, I was taking about the adapter for the Vex Robotics Pulley.

I bought the 11” trucks from him, fits fine, maybe just a little to long of an axle bit noting that cant be solves with washers :+1: and maybe i’ll be replacing the bushings with named brand ones, they squeek a little

1 Like

15mm width belt, runs on a motor pulley htd 5mm 15t also from @dickyho

1 Like

I think i have found a very simular 5 inch wheel which i know some people have been wanting for a while.

I also found a knobby type tire for the regular 6 inch hub https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?touchId=60451536537&type=product&schema=enalibaba%3A%2F%2Fdetail%3Fid%3D60451536537%26ck%3Dshare_detail&ck=share_detail&shareScene=buyer

2 Likes

Finished my build,… got a little bit of byte on the rear wheels.

Printed the pulleys and belt cover in PETG, motor brace/cover is coming one inner tube is leaking so have to be carefull, new tube on the way.

if you’re curious about the battery and VESC cover find my design at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2937580

IMG_0258 IMG_0257

6 Likes

Did you burr the edges of the rim where the valve comes out?

No but I think I should, | checkt the leak and it is just where the valve meets the rubber

You should complain about this to the seller and they should send you free replacement tubes.

I got a free replacement, dickyho offers real good aftersales, only bummer is the wait

2 Likes

you still need to flip your tire mantles, the profiles don’t have the correct direction, but awesome print job.

haha, i see, good point, didn’t even notice :upside_down_face:

1 Like

btw Aliexpress has a sale coming up in a couple days.

So i got these printed out but i need info on what kind of trucks to use on these. What width of trucks do i need to use these…will 210mm trucks fron diy electric skateboard be ok for these? I want to use these bad!!

From the main post.

2 Likes

So ill go ahead and order there duel motor mechanical kit as well. Could use the mounts as well. Thanks again i must have skiped that part going into just printing the big gear

I am using the reverse mount from with the pneumatics and I like them. If you want to save more money, you could also get your mounts from dickyho. I think @willumpie82 is using it as seen here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/cheap-ass-6x2-pneumatic-belt-setup-3d-printed-pulley-vex-versa-pulley-thingiverse-link-in-post-534/65559/776?u=mishrasubhransu

2 Likes

I don’t mind buying the dual motor kit with 218 trucks. I just wanted to make sure of my options. I already got a vruzend battery kit I plan to use on this thing. I want something similar to an evolve gt with the 20 mile range and a 25 mph speed.